5 inches... in stones?

blondcarrot

I'm getting more and more excited as I'm nearing my goal weight and I've started to closely monitor my measurements. I know it's an individual thing and influenced by body shape amongst other things... but was wondering if anyone was doing the same and roughly knew what amount of weight they had to lose to drop 5 inches around their bottom?

I'm 5'9 and currently 43 inches and would like to get to 38....

BC xx

I lost 6st hun and only lost 6in from my bottom, my friend lost 1st and lost 4in from her bottom xx

TUBBYTASHA said:
I lost 6st hun and only lost 6in from my bottom, my friend lost 1st and lost 4in from her bottom xx

6 inches - wow! That is amazing, where are you on your journey?

I've been studying my stats since I started recording them and it's about an inch per week and I've now got a BMI of 25.5, so nearly there... They do say that your weightloss starts from top, with the bottom bit going last... My thunder thighs defo stillneeds work!

what amount of weight they had to lose to drop 5 inches around their bottom?

I'm 5'9" and currently 43 inches and would like to get to 38..

Only thing I can tell you for definite is that it will probably require less weight loss than it would to get from 53 to 48, because the volume of fat you have to lose is less. Oh - and depending on what exercise you have been doing up to this point, you may be able to drop a few inches with very little weight loss by introducing or increasing strength training, because muscle is denser than fat and therefore takes up less space for the same weight.

Enjoy your journey,
Barbara

BarbaraG said:
Only thing I can tell you for definite is that it will probably require less weight loss than it would to get from 53 to 48, because the volume of fat you have to lose is less. Oh - and depending on what exercise you have been doing up to this point, you may be able to drop a few inches with very little weight loss by introducing or increasing strength training, because muscle is denser than fat and therefore takes up less space for the same weight.

Enjoy your journey,
Barbara

All good points. Have just stepped up my exercising to 4x a week but I hate weight training so I need to think of doing more of that. All those little movements to gain max benefit, nah I much prefer to jump about like a crazy person :) lol

I'm going to measure myself again tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
All good points. Have just stepped up my exercising to 4x a week but I hate weight training so I need to think of doing more of that. All those little movements to gain max benefit, nah I much prefer to jump about like a crazy person :) lol

I'm going to measure myself again tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Sille

Strength training doesn't necessarily mean weights. Pilots, circuits and kettle bells are all forms of strength training - you might enjoy one of them more.

Barbara x

Well done onward and downward :)

Back