5 months to goal!

*steph*

Hello!
I've been a member of this site last year when I was on weight watchers, and although I lost a stone, I threw in the towel and piled it all back on. However I now have a different mindset and am trying slimming world! I'm currently 12st 7lbs and 5ft 4, and am hoping to lose 3 and a half stone by the end of October. I don't have any particular event to work towards except feeling confident in my own skin and making my family and boyfriend proud! I'm 18 years old and think if I don't get rid of this weight now I'll regret it.

I went to Slimming World last Wednesday and have had a good week. The only problem for me is going to be drinking. Being 18 I like to go out...and when I get drunk the last thing on my mind is counting how many drinks I've had so I can count syns. But hopefully by consuming less than 5 syns a day it will somewhat make up for that. Plus I'm going to cut the nights out right down- it's for my own good!

So my first WI is on Wednesday at 7 and I'm feeling confident. Hoping to lose 4lb and I had a cheeky look at the scales on Sunday and it said I'd lost 3 and a half already so just need to keep going! Will post a food diary in this thread later on today with some pictures as well. Thanks for reading! :) :)

Steph

Lost 6.5 pound! So lucky considering I went out twice this week drinking (won't be happening again). It's really spurred me on though- aiming for 2 and a half next week to take it to 9, going to start posting a food diary in here and maybe throw in a few pictures :)

Well done. Thats a great weightloss and hopefully it makes you determined for the week ahead...

Good luck for the week ahead.

It really has spurred me on! Only problem is I've weighed myself this morning and it's saying I've put on 3lb :S I'm getting a little worried as I've done everything right so far and hope it'll go down for next Wednesday! Don't want the shame of a gain when I haven't broken any rules. I'll keep going anyway and hope for the best!

Weight fluctuates all the time, don't worry you have 6 days until weigh in, I have been known to "gained 2lb" up until day before WI and then lost it on the day. Excellent loss too, well done :)

I was a serial weigher and really used to drive myself mad.
Try and weigh once a week only as your weight really does go up and down during the week!!
Once you stick to plan you will be ok

Thanks everyone :) I know I'm a serial weigher but it's going to be a habit hard to get rid of! I just need to see that it's working to egg me on sometimes, but then sometimes I get even more disheartened. I think I'm at the point now after almost two weeks where the novelty of a new way of eating is wearing off and I'm starting to get bored. It would be a lot easier if I did my own shopping, but because I still live at home and haven't got much cash at the minute because I go on holiday in two weeks, I can't really go out and get things to make what I want to eat. My mum is doing slimming world as well but she likes different foods to me. I just went to get my breakfast then and the only fruit we had were apples- and I reaaaally fancied a nice fruit salad with yogurt and honey.

Oh well. For until I get back off my jollies and have money to spare I'll have to make do.

Another problem I'm having is that I work in an italian restaurant and am surrounded by pizza and creamy pasta, but they are quite understanding and make me tomato based pasta with veg and little oil; it's just getting slightly repetitive.

Either way I'm still not giving up! Just got these few minor obstacles to deal with for now.

Back