5 months to target

denise42

Silver Member
well hello....anyone out there I have decided to start a new diary to get myself to target. I always had my goal of getting into the 10 stone bracket. I managed to get to 11:5 from 15:5 so not all was bad, but I never got to my goal. Since then...well the last 12 months really I have messed about and lost and gained 7 lb repeatedly. Well enough I am saying to myself, I have just got back off my holiday and weighed myself this morning....my weight is 12:6 lb I am luckily enough to going on another holiday in October so I want to have lost this stone and be back down to 11:5 then aim to be in the 10's for Christmas. Minimins worked for me last time, I documented my food in a diary on here...whether anyone read I don't know but I am going to do the a same again, keeping myself on track.

So here is day one

Breakfast/brunch (we only got home at 3am so slept in)
3 kingsmill wholemeal 400g bread crustless
Spaghetti in Tomato sauce
Fry light egg

Snack
Black and red seedless grapes

Dinner
Roast Chicken
SW roast potatoes
Broccoli
Carrots
Curly kale
Gravy

Fruit salad and Aldi fat free yogurt

Day 2 food diary so far today

Breakfast
35g oats with skimmed milk and raspberries

Lunch
Pasta n sauce with sprinkle of 30%lower cheese

Planned dinner is salad, mini potatoes and tuna

Day 3
Hello Friday....although I started back on plan on Wednesday with a weigh in of 12:6 I personally like Friday's to be the beginning of my journey so I have weighed in this morning and low n behold I've lost a lb since Wednesday so now 12:5. I am aiming also to drink more fluids and not just coffee.

Food so far

Breakfast
Banana and coffee

Lunch
Pasta shot
Grapes

I haven't decided for dinner tonight it could be SW burgers or meatballs decisions decisions.... In the end I made my own SW burgers with 1 wholemeal roll, salad, mushrooms &a red onion, SW chips and a dollop of ketchup. Followed this with strawberries and yogurt

Last edited:
Day 4 Saturday 14 May

Really had a lie in this morning, usually weekends we get up at 9 but today way after 10, Andy had to work today for a few hours so I spent the afternoon with my mum and dad and went to watch my Dads cousins daughter get married which was lovely.

I have been struggling with a headache since Wednesday and have been feeling really rubbish, today I feel a bit better though this morning when I got up I wasn't sure I'd feel better as my head felt fuzzy and I felt groggy. Anyhow I seem to be feeling ok now.

Food today

Porridge with raspberries and skimmed milk

Banana

Naked noodle Hoi Sin Duck (2.5)

Grapes, muller light

Dinner

Steak, jacket, salad n veggies

Day 5 Sunday 15/5/16

We got out for a lovely walk today in Clitheroe along the river so a nice 5 mile body magic day.

Breakfast
2 400g wholemeal toast with scape of spread
1\2 tin spaghetti

Snack
Banana & pear

Lunch
Naked noodle curry (2.5)

Dinner
Roast beef
SW roast potatoes
Carrots, broccoli & sprouts
Gravy made with granules

Hartleys sugar free jelly

Day 6 Monday 16/5/16

Happy Monday, luckily I am working from home today doing research for work, but the down side is snacking....I made a massive fruit salad yesterday so I'll nibble on that as and when I get the munchies.

So far today I've only had breakfast of 35g porridge with skimmed milk and frozen raspberries, lunch will probably be mushroom omelette with a sprinkle of cheese and beans, fruit n yogurt and dinner is highly likely to be Aldi half fat sausage, egg n SW chips.

I'm hoping to get out for a run later this afternoon, I haven't been since befor my holiday last week so I have a feeling there will be more walking than running but it all helps.

Day 7 Tue 17/5/16

Hello diary, to start last nights dinner changed, we ended up having sausage, mash and beans, but I only had a bite of one sausage...I'm not really a lover of them so I think the syns would be negligible, however there was a little butter in the mash along with skimmed milk from my allowance.

I'm working from home again today and nipped out first thing to replenish fruit n veg...that is one of the down sides of following SW as I and my son eat loads it's gone in a day or two.

Today's food so far

Banana and coffee with skimmed milk

2 wholemeal 400g toast with mackerel fillets in Tom sauce with my own chilli

Fruit n yogurt

Tonight's dinner will be fajitas with rice. I will have heaps of chicken n peppers but only one wrap syned.

Yeh really well lost 1st 10lb so far and weigh day tomorrow!
I'm really enjoying sw this time which helps! Xx

That's a fab loss, I'm aiming for a stone off for October for my holiday then after that lose another stone for my wedding next August...not rushing. I started May 2014 losing 4 stone and kept most of it off but since Xmas I've faffed about, majority of time on SW but not 100% it does become a way of life with a few slip ups lol...I'm feeling really motivated as well at the minute I'm planning more meals and cutting out the crap, my downfall is a sweet tooth so when I'm 100% I cut it out as I can't control myself. I use my syns for mayo's, sauces, gravies and don't use them all. It works for me.

I am going to try do a few sp days this week I lost 1lb which is great but I just wanna give it a bit of a boost.
I jus love my carbs that's my biggest downfall!!
It's what ever works for u isn't it and you are doin really well.
I feel I am losing it slowly but my consultant said this morning slow and steady wins the race so made me feel a tad better

Xx

I am going to try do a few sp days this week I lost 1lb which is great but I just wanna give it a bit of a boost.
I jus love my carbs that's my biggest downfall!!
It's what ever works for u isn't it and you are doin really well.
I feel I am losing it slowly but my consultant said this morning slow and steady wins the race so made me feel a tad better

Xx
I definitely agree slow n steady, never starve yourself, sometimes it's hard to fit the amount of food in lol. I feel like I'm always eating. I'm a carb queen to, whenever I make SW chips I make enough for an army, my fella laughes 'cos he is a carnivore match made in heaven really. Luckily he doesn't eat any sweets so no temptation except when he has pork scratchings I have to have an handful.

I forgot to update yesterday so here it was
Day 8 18/5/16

Working in Manchester today at various locations so was up at 06:15 and on the road at 06:50 the idea was to miss the traffic but got stuck anyway...I feel sorry for anyone who travels by car into Manchester for work daily, took 30 mins to go a mile on M60. Anyway I'd planned and made my food the night before....overnight oats, fruit salad, banana and Alpen light bar. It was too early to eat prior to journey so when I parked I ate the banana, went to 3 appointments with Pret A Manger offered food n drinks in all of them, I declined until the 3rd one where I had a skinny latte and due to being hungry (my food was in car) had a ginger and oat cookie (lush) but I had walked about 4 miles all over Manchester (slight exaggeration). Walked back to my car then drove over to Oldham for final meeting by this time it was gone 2pm so quickly had a couple spoons of oats before driving off and then munching chunky fruit salad on drive home.

We always eat lateish so I ended up having some naked noodles (2.5) and then dinner of fillet steak, mushrooms with Parma ham and baby bel cheese topping , SW chips and light mayo. All made by Andy and totally delish

Day 9 Thurs 19/5/16

Yesterday was a week since getting home from holiday and a week since initial holiday weigh in of 12:6 (eek) I did weigh yesterday and have had a loss of 5lb but I like to begin my week on a Friday so I am not counting it until my official weigh in on Friday morning.

I have been 100% on plan so really do deserve the loss, I just need to keep going.

Today I have had porridge and raspberries for breakfast made with skimmed milk.

Lunch I think will be an omelette with low cal cheese

Dinner not sure yet...I have some salmon in the fridge so might have that with a salad. Will update later...

Update on dinner...chopped salad veg, flaked salmon and pasta spirals mixed with low cal Mayo, lovely also had massive chopped fruit salad, fat free muller and 10cal jelly.

Day 10 20/5/16

Official weigh in 12:1 loss of 5lb really chuffed with that loss, first week back on plan 100% now I have to make sure I do the same again...I won't be expecting the same loss though. Aim this week is 1 or 2 pounds.

Back