Total Solution 5 stone to lose - how did that happen???

Exelante

Hello All!

This is my first time on a VLCD, and I started Exante last Sunday - so first weigh in tomorrow. I have been reading the threads and they are just fab - so motivating, we are all in this together!!

I think I actually have reverse body dysmorphia - I am size 20, and still think I look OK. Took some before photos on Monday morning, and I can safely say I do not!! Where did that stomach come from??

First week has been fine. It is so liberating not to have to think about food. I changed jobs about 18 months ago, and in that space of time put on almost 3 stone - combination of sitting on my bum all day, munching on biscuits but no lunch, and then eating everything in sight as soon as I got home, and not stopping til bedtime.

I have tried to lose weight over the past year, but seem to lose the plot after week 2 and binge, so hopefully this won't happen this time. Struggled with my weight my whole life, got my first calorie counting book aged around 8 when I decided to live on lettuce and tomatoes - lasted about a day!! Totally ashamed of myself that I have let myself balloon to 17st 8lbs - ridiculous!

I am a 41 year old single mum, and need to get this weight off for good. So here goes!

Week one almost done - can't wait to weigh in tomorrow!

x

Your story is so similar to all of ours! You have taken the first step to the future you want...we can all help each other out so please keep coming onto the site and good luck x

Welcome Exlante:welcome2:

Well done on your first week! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!

Thank you all for your support!

minnie1986 - how is your week going?

This is my first Saturday on the plan, and I am finding it hard. When I am at work, don't have time to think about it, but today I am. Doesn't help that I woke up at 6.10am - why does that happen at weekends? I have started the NHS couch to 5K running podcast, and have done that twice this week - major achievement, as I don't think I have moved any faster than a walk for at least 4 years. So decided to do that this morning, but 2 minutes into the "brisk warm up walk" the battery died on my ipod, so just walked instead.

Had 2 shakes so far (chocolate with a teaspoon of coffee - yum!), loads of water and 3 cups of coffee. Checked my texts at 12am and found my son was in a football match at 1.30. Had a mad dash round to get ready, and set off with sat nav. The postcode I had been given took me to a residential cul-de-sac, so googled the school - not there either - stress!!!! Ended up going back exactly the way I had come and stopping at a petrol station for directions. Desperate for a wee when I got there, but no facilities. So spent an hour and a half on a very windy football pitch hopping from one leg to the other (but my boy did score a goal - yay!)

Home now, chilled to the bone, could happily curl up in bed for the rest of the day - but not an option.

I suppose the weekend signals time for treats (although the way I was eating, so did Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday......) Need to get used to it being just another day, and stay on plan 100%.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Well done to your son on scoring a goal:clap:

I think you should get a medal for endurance...I think if I had to hang on that long I would of had an accident:eek:

Hang in there you have almost got through today...you are doing well!

Hi there -your story sounds similar to mine and the part about missing lunch but then eating the fridge after work and not stopping till bedtime is so familiar -hope the weigh in tomorrow spurs you on

Vee x

Hi there. Well done for making a full week. X X How did your weigh in go? :)

x x

Hi Exelante,

Very similar story to me! We will do it this time!!! I started on Tuesday must say it hasn't been easy and I am wishing this weekend away. So much easier when I have the routine of work, kids etc. I've got far too much time on my hands.

I had my drop in this morning and have lost 6lbs so very happy with that! Struggling with the water but needs must. Good luck with your journey :)

I struggle not to eat at night too :(
Its all about breaking bad habits :)
Good luck, I hope your WI tomorrow is a good one :D

Hi, your story is so similar to mine. My mum took me to a dietician when I was 8 years old as I was always overweight, mind you I grew up in a home where you were either rewarded with food or comforted by it!
I did exante last year and had a great loss but didn't stick with it until target so this time round I am determined to keep going til target. I know what you mean about reverse bdm, you think you look alright until you see a photo and all of a sudden you just think OMG what the hell happened lol I put weight on when I got my muscle illness then
i put 5 stones on with my pregnancy and it's been diett after diet with binge eating in between ever since
Stay strong and motivated and come on here and post, as it is a real giggle sometimes as well as fantastic support xxxx

Morning all!

First weigh in - 12lbs off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I am over the moon! Into the 16's - never want to get in the 17's again.

WOOOHOOOOO!

xx

Start Weight

17st 8lbs

Weight lost

Total lost

Week 1

16st 10lbs

12lbs

12lbs

:553::happy096: well done !!!!!!

Thanks, Keely.

Yep, food was pretty much the same for me. We always had the most massive biscuit tin, and after dinner would just sit down and help ourselves - no limits. The irony being, whenever I go back to my mum's now, my auto pilot takes me straight to the pantry and the biscuit tin!

We really do sound similar with the diet/binge cycle. And the worst thing was thinking about food the whole time, going to bed (after stuffing my face all evening) thinking about what I would do the following day, how it would be different, and almost panicking about losing weight - only to repeat the next day, and the next......I haven't felt like that the last week, and it is nice to feel "free" from food.

Anyway sun is shining, hope it is with you. 3 day weekends rock!!

Exelante
xx

Hi Exelante,

Very similar story to me! We will do it this time!!! I started on Tuesday must say it hasn't been easy and I am wishing this weekend away. So much easier when I have the routine of work, kids etc. I've got far too much time on my hands.

I had my drop in this morning and have lost 6lbs so very happy with that! Struggling with the water but needs must. Good luck with your journey :)

Morning

6lbs off - that is fantastic! Well done :)

Yesterday was hard - not because I was hungry or was wavering with motivation, but just felt like I was counting down the hours til I could go to bed! I never, ever thought I could do a VLCD. Quite a few mum's at school have done LL, and I remember one saying she could stick to it because every morning when she woke up she felt thinner, so that kept her going. I now know what she means!

Keep going hun!

Exelante
xx

Hi there -your story sounds similar to mine and the part about missing lunch but then eating the fridge after work and not stopping till bedtime is so familiar -hope the weigh in tomorrow spurs you on

Vee x

Good to know it wasn't just me!! Your weight loss is amazing - well done!

Exelante
x

How you all getting on? I'm on LL and have been feeling really sick. Last night I had awful reflux at about 12am and couldn't sleep. Ended up being sick but there was nothing to come out and it was like pure acid. A very painful experience that I'm hoping wont happen again! Anybody else experience this, not sure if its because of all the liquid inside my poor tummy :( x

How you all getting on? I'm on LL and have been feeling really sick. Last night I had awful reflux at about 12am and couldn't sleep. Ended up being sick but there was nothing to come out and it was like pure acid. A very painful experience that I'm hoping wont happen again! Anybody else experience this, not sure if its because of all the liquid inside my poor tummy :( x

Katherine, that sounds horrible! Has it passed now, or are you still having these side effects.

I haven't really had anything serious with Exante - get a very gurgly tummy, a bit burpy, and horrid breath, but on the whole feel fine. Worth it for the weight loss.

Hope you are feeling better.

Exelante
x

expect your post about the offer to be removed, the forum mods dont allow any mention of those kinds of offers on here

Back