5 weeks until holiday - 17lbs to target

MissMimi

So, I am going away in 5 weeks and I have 17lbs to go until I hit my target weight. This means in order to hit target I need to loose 3.4lbs every week.

In order to do this I am going to keep a food diary, on here, and exercise every day.

This starts today!

So far today I have eaten
Weetabix chocolate spoonsize (HEB) for breakfast
Ainsley Harriet Chilli Cous Cous with quorn chicken pieces and some new potatoes roasted with harissa paste with some fat free yogurt mixed with mint sauce on the side. (2 syns in total made up of 1 syn for the couscous - half packet - and 0.5 syns for the harissa and mint sauce each)
Shape Yogurt - Cherry - Free

I plan to have a stir fry tonight made with fresh veg, chilli, ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce served with noodles (2.5 syns for Tbsp honey)

Tonight I will be going for an 80 minute power walk as I can not use the gym until next week

I have started this thread not only to make sure I am keeping an active look at what I am eating but also so that anyone reading might be able to look at what I am eating/doing for exercising and pick out anything that might be stopping me hitting my goal or getting in my way.

Any help will be much appreciated - here I go!!!

OK I didn't go for my power walk last night, by the time I got in from work I was so hungry I felt sick! Instead I ate a Chinese style broth soup - made same as above but in a soup made of stock (very yummy) and cleaned the house for an hour...

Today I have had my HEB serving of Weetabix chocolate spoonsize for breakfast and a cup of tea...both using up some of my HEA Skimmed milk allowance

For lunch I am going to have Pasta bolognese bake made with Quorn mince, onion, garlic, tinned toms and pasta. (All free)

Not too sure what to do for dinner, I am travelling home (From Portsmouth to Manchester) this evening with a literal pitt-stop at Euston where I will have about 10 minutes to get something to eat - ARGHH what am I going to do?? I don't have any food in the house so taking food with me just isn't an option, I can pop to the shop at lunch time, maybe grab something to make a sandwich with to take with me (Quorn ham and tomatoes maybe, HEB portion of bread?) If you haven't guessed already I am a vegetarian...

This weekend is going to be difficult, I have decided to cut out cheese and chocolate for a month to assist with my weight loss but it is easter weekend and I am eating out 4 times in 4 days, as a vegetarian choosing food with no cheese in it is going to be a right pain in the ass!!! All I can do is try to find out where we are going beforehand and look at the menu and choose before I get there...wish me luck!

Ok so...fail.

I went back to my parents this weekend to spend easter seeing friends/family up north. All I did was eat, drink and sleep.

I was semi good and I hope that the scales will be on my side but I have a feeling I may have screwed up my efforts with a couple of little 'treats'...

I will be opting to do a week of pre-planned eating that I agree in advance with my SW consultant...will see what she says tomorrow.

As for exercise - a bit of frisbee with my little cousin and some walking around the shops was all I managed (as well as a couple of hours dancing...on friday night...)

I WILL do this, 4 weeks 2 days to go...

Hiya ..

I am new to this site, came on to look out fro new recipes & stuff. :)

I noticed your thread & am delighted that your in the same boat as me ... I have 4.5 weeks to go til my holiday abroad and i have only lost 1.5 stone so far in 11 weeks ( need about 4 stone off til my target weight :( ) although i reckon i will be comfortable in my bikini just about if i got 7 pounds off in these 4 weeks!!

Iv never gained in the 11 weeks iv been on track but last week i gained 2 pounds :(... being a porky pig!!

hopefully if u have any good tips then maybe we could share some :)

good luck & keep up the good work you can do it just think of your holiday :D

Love Hayley xx

Well...came back down south to find out my house had been broken in to! Safe to say out came the easter eggs i was saving and a bottle (or two of wine...)

PAH!

So, I want to try this Express week - I couldn't stay to group as we are still sorting out a few bits with the security in the house but next week I am going to try, do you have this plan at your group too? Basically you sit with your consultant after group and write down exactly what you will be eating that week - you stick to it, no matter what.

I am a vegetarian so I think I will be trying to stick to a low cheese/low carb diet for a week...so I guess that means living on salads! Let my week of hell commence....

Today I will be having Weetabix Chocolate spoonsize for breakfast with a cup of tea

For lunch I will be having a Quorn ham and tomato sandwich with lettuce

For dinner...I haven't decided yet but I am going to write my food for the week down and go shopping this evening for the bits (and NO extras!!)

Any tips? Maybe a 'nice' couscous salad....ergh!!!

OMG hope they didnt take much !! :( people nowadays are vile.. no respect at all.

Well today iv had 2 weetabix with red milk and a banana . Bowl of strawberrys to snack on and for lunch im going to have a jacket potatoe with salad and tuna :D

Cous cous i hate :/ r u at work or home ? a tip for jacket potatoes if you eat them is cook a load and then tinfoil them and freeze them . So easy for when your hungry takes 3 minutes to deforst and they fill you up so no snacking !! :)

Im getting fed up of the same food though need to find some new recipes..

How many eggs did you have ? aslong as you enjoyed them eh. :D just get back on track now & im sure you will be fine.

I managed to not eat any chocs sunday or monday BUT last night i went cinema and took a egg with me over 50 syns i worked out :( :cry: (my own fault though) + i gained 2 pounds last week just cant seem to get back on track

Love hails xxx

Nothing of mine but quite a bit from my friend...I have been swearing non stop for the past 2 days...time to calm down and hope the police find those responsible...

I work from home 2/3 days a week so luckily I get a good variety of food in...

Do you have a favourite recipe you make often? Risotto is my favourite as you can put almost anything in it and unless you use oil or wine it can be completely free!!

I usually make mushroom, pea and mint risotto but I tried Beetroot and Feta a few nights ago - It was amazing.

A tip to brighten it up a bit, slowly boil down a load of balsamic vinegar in a pan (keep an eye on it though, it turns to tar pretty quickly lol) and it makes a lovely sweet dressing for pasta and salad!

I had one egg, a slice of cake and 3 malteasters haha, bad Mia.

I will try your jacket potato idea, do you defrost it in the microwave? I would love to have jacket potato when I am in the office but they are £2.50 which I find ridiculous!!!!

Writing my shopping list now, going to try have 2/3 super free for every meal...we will see. x

Back