53 feeling like a hundred.

Pat.H

I'm 22.7stone,have dieted all my life but I'm very much an emotional eater,
I suffer from depression so often there are days lost to eating.
I want to change,
I need surgery,
I have a large dermoid ovarian cyst but doctors wont do the surgery whilst I'm this big,likewise I have an arthritic knee that needs replacing but again I'm just too big for surgery.
I suffer from svt,sometimes having a heart rate of 230 beats a minute,there is minor surgery(an ablation)that would hopefully stop the attacks but again being the size I am means no surgery.
I did query about weight loss surgery but my doctor dismissed it.
I'm worried that Im going to become housebound so need to do something.
I have been to weight loss groups and lost weight many times but this time I need to try and figure this out myself.

Hi Pat and welcome

I'm the same with the knees, very painful - which makes it so hard to exercise at all. But a stone or two and you will really feel the difference.

Here to cheer you on!

Hi Pat,

sounds like you have the perfect motivation to lose weight, to get your health issues resolved. I also suffer from knee problems and the heavier I am the more I struggle with walking.

are you following a diet plan?

best of luck x x
I'm just being sensible,making healthier choices though considering going back to Slimming World.

Hi Pat and welcome

I'm the same with the knees, very painful - which makes it so hard to exercise at all. But a stone or two and you will really feel the difference.

Here to cheer you on!
Thank you,if I am ever to be fit for surgery I need to shift a lot of stones.

Hi Pat, and welcome, this really is a friendly place with lots of support. I am 49 and don't want to be 50 and unfit, fat and with lifestyle health issues so decided I need to tackle it now before medical reasons make it a must.
It sounds like you have decided that now is the right time for you to tackle your weight as well.
Drop in every day to catch up with everyone and get support.
Read the other stories in Wemitters and how we all deal with our weight loss journey.
Set some small goals that are reachable and you will get a great sense of achievement when you reach one.
Start a food diary, a great motivator to stop you eating "just one more" slice of cake.

It must be tough to get any exercise with very painful knees but as the others have said any weight loss at all can only help.
Best wishes

Back