56 pounds to shift. Emma's online diary

Emziie93

So, tomorrow I start my journey towards the new me!

I'm female, 20 years of age and am currently 14st 11lb. I have never been this big in my life and find it difficult to do anything that my friends do because of my size. I am lucky to have the support of my boyfriend though all of this and am confident that I can do well. But tomorrow is my first day so who knows what will happen lol? I'm hoping ill go straight into it without any fuss and just sail along lol.

Will I be hungry? Will I be complacent? Only time will tell.

I found the change hard to start with, but by the end of week one once I had been weighed I was soooo happy.
I had a planned day off for my 30th and I put on, but other than that Cambridge does work when you get your head round it.
are you on sole source or?

Yeah. On Sole Source :)
Well, I will be as of tomorrow lol :)

Any tips?

Day 1 -

From reading a few diaries yesterday to get some tips I'm deciding to hold off on my porridge for a bit. At least until half 10. Ill just try to drink 2 pints of water before I go out to get my nephew hoping that iv been loo enough times to last while I'm out lol.

Breakfast - apple and cinnamon porridge + 2 pints of water (hopefully - I'm gonna struggle with the drinking)

Good luck sugar x x hold on in there

Apple and cinnamon porridge

Flavor is nice. Texture is a bit weird but I suppose ill get used to it. Also, 2 pints of water down!

Thank you :) I'm motivated enough to stick to it. Tonight will be the ultimate challenge for my first day - cinema and McDonald's with the boyfriend. Well, McDonald's for him, banana shake for me lol x

1:30 and so far so good. Only had my porridge and as much water as I can stomach. Trying to last out until about 4 for my shake so that I can have my soup when my boyfriend has his dinner. And then after that, I'll be through with day one.

I've had a head ache all this morning but I know it's too soon to be anything to do with the diet lol so I must push on through! Only 17 days until I go off to Cyprus and am praying to lose almost a stone by then. Should be doable.

So had my banana shake at about 3:30 ish and its not bad. Not sure if I shook it up enough or whether it just remains a little bit lumpy but it was reasonable. It's now half 6 and I haven't had my third product yet but am beginning to feel slightly hungry. Think I may have water until about 8 and then eat and sleep early (hopefully on a full stomach lol)

It's takes a few days to work out how to make the products to make sure that they mix well but you'll get there!

Thank you :)

Just tried the oriental chilli soup. Flavour was lovely. Only have one question though. Do people eat it with a spoon or drink it like a cup a soup?

Day one is complete in terms of products and water. Surprisingly I have not found it that difficult to drink. Every time someone asks me for a drink I'm like a pint of water please lol.

So, at the end of day one, I'm feeling just as confident as I was at the beginning. Hopefully tomorrow is as successful :)

I think oriental chilli is my favourite soup. I drink mine in my shaker.

Well done on day 1. Keep going.

That's a good idea. Do you put the hot water in straight away or do you make a paste with cold water and then add the hot? X

I put powder in first. Mix into paste with hot water. Make sure all powder is mixed before adding rest if water as it can make it a bit gritty (as I found out) then tea towel over lid and shake. Keep releasing pressure.

That's what's worked for me.

Oh okay :) ill try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :) xx

Maple and pecan porridge - awful. Never again lol. Forced myself to eat most of it but it came to a point where it was either eat and be sick or leave it lol.

Did a naughty and stepped on the scales and apparently iv lost 3lb in the first day which will be awesome if its right lol. I have some obsession with the scales. I feel the need to weigh myself every time I go in the bathroom. It doesn't help that I'm now in there 500 times extra lol.

Anyway, got to get the nephew again today and hope he's not in a sharing mood like he was yesterday. He kept trying to shove chocolate and crisps in my mouth as we usually share his snacks lol. NOT ANY MORE! Haha.

Tried the chicken and mushroom soup for dinner. I don't usually like mushrooms but this soup was lovely. That has definitely gone one my list of favourites lol, as has the fruits of the forest shake.

Tomorrow may prove to be difficult for me because not only have I not gone into ketosis yet (or at least I doubt I have) I also have my first shift at work (Wimpy) for a whole 9 hours! I'm not looking forward to trying to avoid the burgers and the milkshakes but I will do it! I'm also not looking forward to explaining to people that I'm not eating and why I'm not eating lol.

I hope I'll make it!

Oh my giddiness that is a hard job! I don't know if i could do it! You'll be fine though. Just rember why your doing it.

I've just made 77 teddy biscuits for tomorrow! Challenging!

I hope your shift goes well - stay strong, gorgeous x

Its funny how people opinions of the flavours can differ; I love the porridge flavours, and absolutely hate the soups!

More than half way through my shift and have had two breaks so I skipped breakfast and had one shake on my first break and now having my second.

Had a mango shake and wasn't all that fond which is disappointing because I thought I'd love it lol. Now on my chocolate shake which is lovely!! It's got to be right, it's chocolate - that's the reason I'm on this diet lol.

Back