5ft2, 13 stone. Advice Welcome!

abbeylauren

Hello! I'm new round here and am looking for some help!

I'm a teenager, 5ft2, and 13 stone. I'm going away with my boyfriend and his family next summer, and really, really want to look good enough to go to the pool/beach etc. Has anyone got and tips, or ideas on how to reach this? I'm looking to loose 2-3 stone. Has anyone also got any ways of loosing abit quite quickly, As i feel this would motivate me more.

Thanks!

Hello!
I think you should join a club,( I do slimming world on-line), or weight watchers. You'll get all the help, support and education you need and YOU WILL LOSE THAT WEIGHT! They give you the recipes, menu ideas, inspiration and support.
It seems like a long journey now, but read some of the threads and you'll see lots of success stories.
Well done for taking the initiative. Will your Mum help you?

Hey Abbey :)
First things first, the first week of trying to lose weight, you lose a lot more than you normally will for the rest of your journey - so say if you lost 5lbs in the first week then only 1lbs the following, don't be disheartened, as that's pretty normal. Being on here is pretty good and it does help with the motivation!

I really hope you get to the weight you want to be :)
Good luck!!

I know you said you want to lose weight quickly so I'd try a LCD, I've never done anything other than SW so I've no idea what its like. I suggest you read the threads & see if you could realistically stick to a LCD. You may get quick results but will you feed deprived.

If you break down how much you want to lose into smaller amounts it will seem more achievable.

Initially I'd take a look at all the diaries on here & see what you think, is there anything you feel you could stick to, will it fit in with your lifestyle. Then ask any questions you have before making a decision on what you want to do, also there are many people who try one weight loss programme only to find they're not too keen & then try another. Don't get disheartened if this happens to you as it's not going to be straightforward.

I'm the same height as you and weighed almost the same when I started out. It took me 7 months to lose the weight with SW. Not a quick fix by any means but very sustainable. As Happy Holidays said above you could try a Very Low Calorie Diet like Cambridge/Lighter Life/Lipotrim if you want very quick results - just be warned that they're not for the faint-hearted and you need to be very disciplined indeed to do without proper food. Personally I'm glad I stuck with SW as I've never had to go hungry at all. It's horses for courses though - a diet which will suit one will not necessarily suit another. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep us posted :).

I was a similar weight to you when I initially started my weight loss journey (13 1/2 stone at heaviest) and am almost the same height, I first used an app on my phone (My Fitness Pal but sure there are others) and this gave me a number of calories I could have based on my height/weight and how much I wanted to lose, I managed to lose about a stone and a half by doing this along with gentle exercise so it might be a good way to start if the idea of going to a club seems a bit daunting. I've since joined slimming world and lost a further 2 stones so I would recommend either. The app is good if you have the willpower to diet on your own.

Back