5lb a week?

spriggit82

Is 5lb a week a feasible loss? If I loss 5lb a week from now til Xmas ill be at target just in time for my Holiday :) would exercising help me achieve this?? Need some tips and advice - so sick of being fat!!

I've seen some people lose at that rate (I think sparkly at the minute is losing that amount?) but those are the really lucky ones spriggit! I'm aiming for a stone a month, I think that's pretty average after the first month. Any more and I'll be thrilled, but if I had set my heart on five pounds a week I think I'd get disheartened really quickly if I 'only' lost 4, IYKWIM. :)

Its pretty much impossible to get that loss with any regularity. The average is a stone a month but not everyone gets that. Aim for a stone a month. If you get more its a bonus but be realistic. If you aim for 5lbs a week your going to look at losses of 3lb a week as disappointing when its actually fantastic :)

Don't forget to focus on your measurements as much as your weight loss - if not more honey. That's far more motivating when the scales only budge a pound or two, esp if like me when you're exercising your weight does weird things! Watching the inches change makes me feel great. I've lost 2 1/2 stone so far and started at a 40in ribcage, 42in waist (I hate to admit) and am now a 36in ribcage and 38in waist! Have kept a whole list of measurements from every part of me, when I look at it I can barely believe it :) and it feels so good :-D

Thanks guys - I know 5lb a week is long shot just wanted to know if it is possible. Any loss a week for me will be a bonus and a step nearer to being slim :) lost 6lbs so far and I started Friday so I'm hoping for a good loss by the end of the week x

Oooh well done you, that's a fab first few days spriggit! How are you finding it?

If you lose 5lb a week let me know your secret lol ;) good luck with the loss though, you'll do fine whatever the number turn out to be!

Thanks guys. Finding it pretty hard this time round. Done it last year, lost 2 1/2 stone for a wedding and then ended up binging after and putting that back on plus another stone and a half!! Still feeling hungry and I'm drinking tons of water so I'm not sure why...work is making it hard as they are always trying to feed me! They know I'm on the diet but don't understand that I can't have an apple etc even when it's healthy! Then I had a meeting and they were saying "it's only one day you can come of it" grr no I can't! Sorry for the rant. Just do frustrating when people don't understand the diet :( x

Good on you for not giving in! You know it will get easier, stick with it hun :)

Well done for ignoring them-unless you've done a vlcd you don't really understand how it works! Even my family that saw me lose 6.5 stone on LL still tried to give me other things occasionally!!

As far as 5 goes a week...I've been on exante since mon-weighed in this morn so that 48 hours and have lost 5lbs! Obviously won't be this hgh every week but I'm guessing your first month loss will be higher than the average! :)

Back