5th week and 2.5 stone down!

Hi,
I've been on cd for nearly 5weeks and am already 2 and a half stone down. I have had times when I've found it really easy, and then times when I get really fed up with it all, and think to myself "is being fat really that bad?" which ultimately is a stupid question otherwise I wouldn't be trying so hard to get thin. I started with a goal of 8 stone to lose, and now saying 5 and a half doesn't feel so bad, except on my bad days when it feels like I'll never be able to eat again. I'm waiting for the weight loss to slow down, which I'm sure it eventually will, (although would be nice if it didn't!) at the moment I am telling myself that if it wasn't hard, then I won't try so hard to keep the weight off when I finally get to my goal. Just got to keep plugging away at it, and at the end of every day I love going to bed feeling thinner than when I woke up!

Hi,
I'm following the Cambridge diet. Just doing sole source at the moment and probably will carry on with it until I get to where I want to be. Then I'll start working my way up through the steps. How about you? Which one are you doing and how are you doing?

I tried the Cambridge Diet in 2009 and lost 3 stone on Sole Source in 8 weeks then gave up and did a healthy low-carb re-feed losing another 2 stone in a further 10 weeks. The diet wasn't really for me but you can't deny the results if you can stick to it. Good luck.

I am back to dieting after having my daughter 16 months ago and 5 weeks in I have lost 18.5lbs on Slimming World Extra Easy plan.

Wow, that's definitely worth remembering for future reference! I've got 2 children and we have recently decided that we aren't going to try for anymore after I had a scary ectopic pregnancy last year. That's why I have finally decided to lose the many stones that I have put on during, inbetween and afterwards! Have tried loads of diets but the speed of the Cambridge diet is what is keeping me going. Was the diet you lost a further 2 stone on an actual set diet, or one which you designed for yourself?

WOW, well done! You must be pleased! I did CD last year and can say 100% that if you stick with it, it definitely does work!

Wow, that's definitely worth remembering for future reference! I've got 2 children and we have recently decided that we aren't going to try for anymore after I had a scary ectopic pregnancy last year. That's why I have finally decided to lose the many stones that I have put on during, inbetween and afterwards! Have tried loads of diets but the speed of the Cambridge diet is what is keeping me going. Was the diet you lost a further 2 stone on an actual set diet, or one which you designed for yourself?

Sorry to hear about the scary ectopic pregnancy - that must have been very scary!

I just kept my diet very low carbs...looking back it's kind of like what I am doing now on Slimming World - very similar meals I used to do myself. Once I got married...sadly...I put the weight back on (all but a stone) and then got pregnant so this is my first serious attempt at healthy eating as a diet plan rather than a quick meal replacement.

x

Eventually I will have to get back to eating a "normal" diet, so it's good to know that it's possible just by cutting down on carbs. The slight problem that I have with that is that I'm vegetarian and unfortunately a lot of the food I eat is loaded with carbs. I'm going to have to look into foods that I can eat. It was a scary time last year when I had the ectopic pregnancy as my tube ruptured and had to be rushed into theatre. This is why I have decided that I don't want to try for any more children. I've always lacked in enthusiasm with regards to diets, all the time that I thought I might have another pregnancy as I knew i'd have to start again afterwards, but this is my time and I'm going to kick it this time!!

Back