Green Days 6 days in and noticeable weight loss! Could it NOT be water?

nousername

Hello,

The scales already say i've lost just under 7lbs already, I am starting to notice the loss and it doesn't seem to be water (i used to follow atkins heavily so used to the concept).

I am wondering whether this is water or not, would I still lose water like i would do in ketosis on atkins?

Thanks for your help!

its possible to lose 7lb or more in a week, my sister did

best advice is to stay away from your home scales and just weigh once a week at group

may just be water but fat holds more water than muscle so its all good

Either way it is great news for you, I lost 8lbs in my first week and then lost more the week after so if it was water it had permanently left my system lol. Nobody knows exactly what it is you have lost however one piece of advice I will give you is to use whatever loss you get this week as a propeller to propel you into an equally as impressive week next week. Don't do what a lot of us do and thing you can slacken up a lot in celebration of your loses. Have 1 treat and then push forward more :D.

Thanks for your responses, I do not go to groups - I really don't have time and to be honest, being the only male in the village puts me off a bit. I only weighed myself out of wonder, my top felt looser and unlike on atkins when i lost the first two week weight, i can see an actual difference in the mirror in a few select places.

Thanks for the encouraging words, won't be having a treat until I hit 2 stone down, then going for a meal with the lady (who's also on SW) :) Impressive loss on your side, I hope i can keep mine up at that rate for 4 weeks!

Cheers!

Thanks for your responses, I do not go to groups - I really don't have time and to be honest, being the only male in the village puts me off a bit. I only weighed myself out of wonder, my top felt looser and unlike on atkins when i lost the first two week weight, i can see an actual difference in the mirror in a few select places.

Thanks for the encouraging words, won't be having a treat until I hit 2 stone down, then going for a meal with the lady (who's also on SW) :) Impressive loss on your side, I hope i can keep mine up at that rate for 4 weeks!

Cheers!

dont be put off by being the only male at group, im sure all of the ladies would love to have you there :) x

I know what you mean about being the only man, my other half goes to group with me every week and says he feels like that, a lot of the ladies in group say their husbands/boyfriends do SW at home with them but wouldn't come to group, some of them do better than their wives :)

I know what you mean about being the only man, my other half goes to group with me every week and says he feels like that, a lot of the ladies in group say their husbands/boyfriends do SW at home with them but wouldn't come to group, some of them do better than their wives :)

My mums partner does he cheats a little bit but basically eats what my mum cooks him and has cut down he's lost 2.5st and has set himself a target

I remember being so nervous about going to the group thinking I'd be the only male. 7 weeks in there are 5 of us which is really encouraging! Men are taking over Slimming World so watch out ladies!!! ;) haha.

ive been told by my old weight management consultant (NHS) thats its not physically possible to lose more than 2-3lbs of fat a week, the rest is water, glucose etc, but its still a loss so its great :) x

I'm not sure how that works as i'm 6lb lighter this week too, I think being active helps - pretty certain that with exercise you can lose more than 2-3lbs a week, or i have an awful lot of water - which is possible!

Well the way I look at this is that I've lost about 2 st (24 lbs) in 6 weeks. That works out on average 4 lbs a week and I can definitely say if it was just water I've lost I should be dead by now due to dehydration because my weight is still getting lighter lol. On a serious note though, I drink about 3-4 litres of water a day, 7 days a week so for me to still be losing on average 4lbs a week whilst having that much intake of water I believe it is possible to burn more than 2lbs a week.

found this, but it confuses me lol

[h=2]Rate of Fat Loss[/h]A negative energy balance of 3,500 calories will result in a 1.1- to 2.2-lb. loss of fat, according to the book "Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning" by Thomas R. Baechle and Roger R. Earle. The maximal rate at which the body can lose fat is about 1 percent of body mass a week, which is reflected by a 500 to 1,000 daily caloric deficit. For example. a 110-lb. female can expect to lose exactly 1.1 lbs. each week if she limits her caloric intake by 500 calories a day.
[h=2]Considerations[/h]Attempting to achieve a negative energy balance greater than 500 to 1,000 calories a day is associated with dehydration and nutrient deficiency, warn Baechle and Earle. It is also nearly impossible to lose weight that quickly without also losing muscle mass, rather than body fat. Therefore, gradual weight loss is advised over extreme fasting.
[h=2]Diet Tips[/h]If your goal is to lose weight as quickly as possible, make sure to drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration and obtain a balanced diet to avoid a deficient vitamin and mineral status. A low-fat diet can help you lose weight, but at least 20 percent of your calories should come from fat. Foods with low calories per volume, such as potatoes, soup and vegetables can help you lose weight while preventing feelings of hunger.
Sponsored Links

Read more: How Much Body Fat Can You Lose In A Week? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I remember being so nervous about going to the group thinking I'd be the only male. 7 weeks in there are 5 of us which is really encouraging! Men are taking over Slimming World so watch out ladies!!! ;) haha.
I love the fact you go to group, I wish more men would. My other half has a proper gas with all the women there, the older ladies love him, they mother him lol

Back