6 Stone - A long way to go

Hi everyone. I’m a complete emotional eater, it’s a problem I’ve dealt with all my life but I’ve never been fat. Since having my daughter 3 years ago, I’ve binged on food on too many occasions. I’m now 6 stone from my ideal weight and about 5 stone overweight. I’m 5ft9 and wearing a size 18.

So I’ve just taken my before images (for my own use) and measurements. I’ve tried almost every diet out there but have always avoided slimming world because the lady who runs the group in my area is someone I know and im embarrassed. So I’ve signed up online. I need to be able to stick to this. I’ll document everything here, even if I slip up. I really need the support, so hoping to follow a few others here for inspiration and ideas.

Tomorrow we begin, planning my menu right now.

Last edited:
Good luck on your SW journey - lots of help/advice on here! Hope you don't mind me saying that your username here's not very kind to you :(

Good luck on your SW journey - lots of help/advice on here! Hope you don't mind me saying that your username here's not very kind to you :(
I was typing everything and they were all taken, so I put that in and it accepted it.

Thanks Hun, looking forward to begin and see the change.

Welcome Sarah. I have 14st to loose :-( I also eat emotionally and have gotten bigger and bigger after each of my four children. Despite my polycystic ovaries and vitamin d deficiency SW has always worked for me, although I really have to stick to it and it comes off me really slowly after a while..

Welcome Sarah. I have 14st to loose :-( I also eat emotionally and have gotten bigger and bigger after each of my four children. Despite my polycystic ovaries and vitamin d deficiency SW has always worked for me, although I really have to stick to it and it comes off me really slowly after a while..
I had a blood test last week, as a follow up from Gestational diabetes. They tested everything for me too, as I haven’t had one before. All came back normal, even cholesterol was good. It was just vitamin d that was low. Have you found anything helps?

I haven't really given it much thought. I started sleeping all day and blood came back that I was severely deficient, so doc put me on high strength dose, and said when it runs out I'll have to stay on normal dose for life. That was two years ago and they have never checked me again. To be honest I'm always forgetting to take my tablet, prob haven't had one for four days now lol. But if in feeling sleepy I'll take one. I read online that it hinders weight loss, so I blame my slow weight loss on that too, can't blame myself after all 😀😀

Right guys....I’m up and have eaten.
Porridge made with water with grated apple. Cinnamon. 👌🏻
Been up since 6.30, daughter is at out of school club. Baby asleep.
I’m going to do a yoga relaxation workout.

This isn’t for fitness, I don’t think it will do anything in that regards. But I did this workout while pregnant and it made me very relaxed and I think that’s what I need right now. Rather than cardio. The relaxation yoga and 10k steps a day will be fine until I’m ready for something more intense.

Good start to the day!

So I made it to midday which is really great. You might think that’s an odd achievement but mornings are when I’m more likely to binge as I’m always alone. Just about to have lunch. Having a pasta salad with more veg than pasta x

So I made it to midday which is really great. You might think that’s an odd achievement but mornings are when I’m more likely to binge as I’m always alone. Just about to have lunch. Having a pasta salad with more veg than pasta x

Well done to get to midday on plan - I don't think that's odd at all - I'm grateful to be on track at b'fast sometimes esp when there are goodies in the house ;) x

Day 1

Breakfast
40g Porridge Oats (B)
Grated Apple
Cinnamon

Lunch
Pasta, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, tuna, lemon & coriander dressing

Dinner
Green Thai Chicken, peppers, onions, rice, carrot and broccoli (5 syns )

Snacks
2 x Rice Cake (3) with Garlic and herb philadelphia (a) & pear
Banana & Fat free yogurt
Caramel Rice Cake (2syns) & Plum
Semi Skimmed Milk for coffee/tea - 4.5 syns
Total = 14

So I only decided to join yesterday and have not done a Shop especially for slimming world, so we only had semi Skimmed and I use 50ml in a mug as I measured. Was hoping for a tea tonight but I think that would send me over.

I don’t usually eat after my last meal, even when I’m not dieting. So I think I made it. Day 1 done. I am actually shocked. Planning really helped. I

Hi Sarah

I have another 6 stone to lose, having already lost 2 1/2, since the begging of January, I too am an emotional eater. I have found that by keeping things interesting on the food front has helped me to stay on track. Check out Slimming Eats and Pinch of Nom if you are looking for more recipes to try.

I see from your food diary you have Syned your milk, but I don't see an Healthy Option A, you can have 250ml per day as a Healthy A option if that helps.

A great first day!

I see from your food diary you have Syned your milk, but I don't see an Healthy Option A, you can have 250ml per day as a Healthy A option if that helps.
You’ve done great so far. Congratulations.
I had Philadelphia with the rice cakes which was my A. I’ll get a light version for my next shop.

Day 2

Still on track. Will update tomorrow. My little boy is poorly, my toddler had chicken pox last week and I think it may be that. So it’s been a long day. Excited for my bed at last

You can do it. I thought I had got to a point of no return as I had put so much weight on, I thought I had to accept it. I started at almost 22 stone and a size 22/24, and as of yesterdays weigh in I weigh 12 stone 13lbs (1lb away from my 9 stone award), and a size 12. It's very very achievable. You know your trigger towards food is emotion, and the main thing is you know it, so you can work with that. Good luck on your losses. Claire x

Glad you're still on track but sorry to read your son's poorly - hope he improves soon and you have another on plan day.

What a weekend, exhausting. Had a little
Hiccup today and ended on 20syns but all my snacks were fruit and it was a latter that sent me over. I should have got a black coffee.

Chicken pox is so difficult. I just want to unwind after an exhausting weekend, i’ll update tomorrow. I’m going to weigh in. As I want my weigh day to be Monday. So perhaps I’ll have a 3 days loss. Fingers crossed.

Back