6 weeks and lost 3lb's - is SW just not for me i wonder??

Trash

Still fighting
Hiya all

Feeling a bit low at the min as I've been doing SW for 6 weeks and only lost 3lb's last 2 weeks i've had gains and for no apparent reason as my menu's are very much the same!

I cook all my meals from scratch - i don't go over my syns they average between 10-15 per day - I drink loads of water. I am def getting my 3rd super free with each meal! I just cant see where i'm going wrong - even on WW;ers i never had some rubbish results? Can anybody help or suggest anything?

BTW i've been mainly doing EE and just last week incorportated a couple of red and green days but still no diff!

Hi my breakie is mostly

30g shreddies (i do alternate and have porridge) at weekends i have magic pancakes
skimmed milk measured to 250ml
sliced bannana on top

mid morning apple

Lunch
Salad with slice of SW quiche or 1 slice of wholemeal toast topped with baked beans and a fruit salad made up using melon, kiwi, grapes, strawberries
FF yoghurt

afternoon snack of Rocky road or alpen light bar

Tea varies
but is usually meat loads of veg such as broccoli carrots swede with new pots or egg and SW chips with beans and salad or omletter etc

1 small mirangue nest filled with strawberries and two squirts of light cream

Sometimes i will snack on grapes in the evening too

sometimes a highlights hot choc before bed

I drink about 6-8 glasses of water a day

Grapes are quite high in natural sugars, I only have them as a treat now and again and I don't have desert on a week day, if I feel I need more after a meal i'll eat an apple or have a cup of tea or coffee.

To be honest I'm at a loss. What you're eating not only looks fine from a SW point of view but also looks low calorie, so even if you switch plans to a different diet I can't see what would be massively different for you??

If this is honestly all you are eating and you aren't eating mountainous portions then I'm not sure what to say.

Dont take offence but the only other questions (These are all things I've done before, before I decided to be honest with myself) that i could think could be asked are:

*are you binging in secret (I'm sorry, it sounds rude but I was posting menus like this on a different forum before but too ashamed to admit I was also binging on top)

*are you picking on other foods or leftovers? I ate two Cadburys Roses today and that was 5syns (eaak!) and I almost forgot to record them. That kind of thing quickly adds up

*are you eating past the point when you are full?

If you are doing none of the above then sorry I'm afraid I don't had any magic answers :(

Hi there Jezzi

Thanks for your input and no honestly what the menu says is what i eat and I don't binge on things i shouldn't always stay within my syns ??

My portions are not big either for instance i only have 3 small potatoes with a roast or evening meal. A small portion of SW chips and a small JP. I limit rice and pasta too and always have wholemeal as well.

Only think i have changed in the last couple of weeks is I've started exercising again - not massively only 3 times a week 20 mins kettlebells and walking!?

I'm getting extrememly frustrated with it especially as i find SW expensive with regards keeping stocked up on fruit!

Grapes are quite high in natural sugars, I only have them as a treat now and again and I don't have desert on a week day, if I feel I need more after a meal i'll eat an apple or have a cup of tea or coffee.

Hi Feelina

I dont' always have a pudding probably 3 nights out of 4 to be honest maybe I will cut that down again. Also never thought of the sugar content of grapes - I'd say i'm eating 2 bunches a week - do you think thats too many?

Thanks

Trash said:
Hi there Jezzi

Thanks for your input and no honestly what the menu says is what i eat and I don't binge on things i shouldn't always stay within my syns ??

My portions are not big either for instance i only have 3 small potatoes with a roast or evening meal. A small portion of SW chips and a small JP. I limit rice and pasta too and always have wholemeal as well.

Only think i have changed in the last couple of weeks is I've started exercising again - not massively only 3 times a week 20 mins kettlebells and walking!?

I'm getting extrememly frustrated with it especially as i find SW expensive with regards keeping stocked up on fruit!

I'd say its the exercise, there's many people on here to end up gaining or sts for a few weeks temporarily until your body gets used to your exercising, then they start seeing results. I really would think its this so I'd keep at it for a bit longer. ALSO if your already eating low cals then exercising which will burn even more your metabolism may be slowing down if your eating too little, maybe stick with the exercise but increase your sf or free food slightly? x

I've just rejoined and weigh more than ever but my clothes arent as tight as they were when I was nearly a stone lighter - I think its because I do lots of exercise including body pump which is loads of weights

I would recommend taking all your measurements as you'll be building muscle with the kettlebells which will take up less area for the same weight as the fat you're losing (explained that way so I dont get the usual muscle versus fat debate ignited again!)

Another thing I would consider is getting your thyroid checked as if thats not on the ball it can make a huge difference

I'd say its the exercise, there's many people on here to end up gaining or sts for a few weeks temporarily until your body gets used to your exercising, then they start seeing results. I really would think its this so I'd keep at it for a bit longer. ALSO if your already eating low cals then exercising which will burn even more your metabolism may be slowing down if your eating too little, maybe stick with the exercise but increase your sf or free food slightly? x

Hmmm I'm really reluctant to eat more iykwim but will consider this if still no loss next week - thanks

I've just rejoined and weigh more than ever but my clothes arent as tight as they were when I was nearly a stone lighter - I think its because I do lots of exercise including body pump which is loads of weights

I would recommend taking all your measurements as you'll be building muscle with the kettlebells which will take up less area for the same weight as the fat you're losing (explained that way so I dont get the usual muscle versus fat debate ignited again!)

Another thing I would consider is getting your thyroid checked as if thats not on the ball it can make a huge difference

Hi there i've had my thyroid checked recently and diabetes etc as i have been suffering with swollen feet and ankles all ok and they've put it down to water retention!

Think i will give it 2 more weeks tops see if i can go back to losing rather than gaining if not then think i will have to change from SW ;o(

Water retention would show as weight gain too. Have the docs suggested anything for it?

I can only imagine how disheartening it must be to be doing it right and not seeing results

Hi Trash,

I agree that you may be eating too little, think of the bodys metabolism like a fire you have to keep adding coals/wood to keep it burning otherwise it dies out or just has some simmering embers left there, it you are doing more exercise then thats like there being a wind for example....more coals needed. I understand that you dont want to eat more but it may be what you need to get your metabolism more active, also maybe look a foods that speed up your metabolism...here are a few things that I have been told:

1. Spice it up - use tabasco sauce, chilli and peppers in food
2. Drink Green Tea - we have lovely flavoured ones here and they are so good for you - also will help with water retention
3. Diary products help our metabolism - try starting the day with something with eggs and cheese...a continental breakfast with cooked meats, boiled eggs, cheese, cucumber, tomato and fruit would give you a great and filling start to the day
4. Snack regularly - keep the fire burning :)

Hope that helps a little xxx

Oh maybe try a fish week too....there is a thread about it and people report great losses....I think Fish boosts metabolism too :)

Water retention would show as weight gain too. Have the docs suggested anything for it?

I can only imagine how disheartening it must be to be doing it right and not seeing results

No nothing my doc says she doesn't like prescribing water tablets anymore??!! says to drink more water and elevate my legs when i can ;o( bit impracticle really as I work in a busy office lol

Hi Trash,

I agree that you may be eating too little, think of the bodys metabolism like a fire you have to keep adding coals/wood to keep it burning otherwise it dies out or just has some simmering embers left there, it you are doing more exercise then thats like there being a wind for example....more coals needed. I understand that you dont want to eat more but it may be what you need to get your metabolism more active, also maybe look a foods that speed up your metabolism...here are a few things that I have been told:

1. Spice it up - use tabasco sauce, chilli and peppers in food
2. Drink Green Tea - we have lovely flavoured ones here and they are so good for you - also will help with water retention
3. Diary products help our metabolism - try starting the day with something with eggs and cheese...a continental breakfast with cooked meats, boiled eggs, cheese, cucumber, tomato and fruit would give you a great and filling start to the day
4. Snack regularly - keep the fire burning :)

Hope that helps a little xxx

Very good info there boncuk ;o) going to try those foods/drinks tried green tea once not that impressed but will look at other vairations of it!

Oh maybe try a fish week too....there is a thread about it and people report great losses....I think Fish boosts metabolism too :)

Hmmmm gonna go find the thread if i can worth a go thanku very much x

Hmmm yes - elevating your legs might not go down that well with your co-workers!!!

No nothing my doc says she doesn't like prescribing water tablets anymore??!! says to drink more water and elevate my legs when i can ;o( bit impracticle really as I work in a busy office lol

Have you tried HRI Water Balance tablets? They're a herbal medicine that you can use at any time you have water retention. I bought some ages ago when i was retaining water quite often, and they were very good :)

There's more info on th Boots website below

HRI Water Balance - 50 Tablets - Boots

Water Retention Tablets from HRI Water Balance.

Fluid retention (also known as oedema) is a big problem for a lot of women. It can affect women at any age, and some men also suffer with fluid retention. Some women experience symptoms all the time, but others find they occur just before a period, or after standing for a long time.

Fluid retention (also known as water retention) can affect legs, ankles and breasts or can lead to puffy eyes and abdominal bloating. You may find you have difficulty putting on and taking off rings, because of puffy fingers. Some people report that their legs feel tired and heavy.

Water retention can lead to temporary weight gain too.

You don't necessarily have to have all these problems to suffer from fluid retention.

[h=2]Water & Fluid Retention Causes [/h]1. Eating too much salt can be a problem, as the salt drags fluid into the cells.

2. Drinking too much tea, coffee and colas can upset the fluid balance in the body.

3. Not drinking enough water can cause water retention. This may sound strange, but if you are not drinking enough water, the body will hang on to all the water it can, because it assumes a drought is coming.

4. Lack of exercise. If you've been on a long flight, you may know how easy it is to suffer with fluid retention in your legs and feet. Muscle contractions help move the fluid around the body. Taking regular exercise can help minimise fluid retention as well as giving you a whole host of other benefits.

Water Retention Tablet Ingredients:
Active ingredients per tablet:
Dandelion Root Powder 100mg, Powdered Buchu - dry extract from 45mg (15mg), Powdered Parsley Piert - dry extract from 45mg (15mg), Powdered Uva Ursi - dry extract from 45mg (18mg).

If you've just started exercising then you need to increase your food intake slightly- try having more super free foods to snack on, especially super speed ones (check your book, but that's things like blueberries and raspberries I think) and also try having more super fibre foods (FF ones in the book) that helps, of you go to group get some scan bran and make it into a cake (there's plenty of recipes, but the chocy cake is good and only 9syns)
If this doesn't work try just doing red and green days (some people get better losses on these).
Maybe try looking at a few other people's food diaries for some inspiration :)

Back