60's Music Fans - s'pecially Gerry Marsden (& Pacemakers) Please

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Hubby has been searching for ages and ages for 2 Gerry singles - 1) .In the Month of April & 2) .Gilbert Green.

He's found them on a US website but before going down that road I thought I'd ask if one of you either has a copy or knows someone who does - perhaps lurking in a box at the back of the garage.

I appreciate that someone else might be as barmy as my OH about Gerry's music and therefore you wouldn't want to part with them, but a copy would be great - we could hopefully come to some sort of arrangement.

Many thankings in anticipation.

I will ask Paul when I get home. If he has them they will be on an LP..................

Thanks gettingfit. That's really generous of you. It's more than likely to be on vinyl (probably 45's but possibly LP) - we've got a shop here that'll transfer them onto CD's . Fingers crossed.

Thanks again - I honestly don't know where he's tried but he's been searching for a while. I've taken Rooster's number and will ring them tomorrow. I'd love to come through for his birthday next week but a Crimbo pressie would be great too.

Wow, you've posted again while I've been typing - you are a deffo star. I'll try Revolver tomorrow too.

I've tried to give you some Rep but the site won't let me - says I've got to share it around before I give you more!

Had a look on-line and found that "gilbert green" can be heard on youtube

Gerry Marsden - Gilbert Green (1967) - YouTube

In the year of April and Gilbert Green only seem to have been released on an album called "Girl on a swing". This album only appears to have been released in the US and not the UK. (When looking, don't get caught out - "girl on a swing" is also the name of a single.)

Depending on how much you want to spend (and where you live), and how much you love your husband ;) have you considered going to see Gerry performing live?

Tour Dates » Gerry and the Pacemakers

Hope some of this helps!

I've spoken to the couple of tips from gettingfit (Rooster & Revolver Records) - they didn't have them but gave me some more places to try. Neither said they were only released in US but that cud answer why it's only US sites that seem to have any!

Oh yes - I've been dragged to a show or three in the past. Not that bad I s'pose (he is from my home town after all) but I really think he should hang up his microphone - IMO it's a bit sad to see the stars of yesteryear trying to hang on when their voices just can't take it anymore.
I booked hubby a Crimbo pressie last year = a weekend in a Warner Hotel with Gerry as the star performer. The week before going it all changed because Gerry sadly had his health probs & heart surgery so we actually got a naff Freddie Mercury tribute!!

Back