64lbs to go starting today

lis2811

Am now the heaviest I've ever been so I have 64lbs to get to target starting today. I will be starting at 1200 cals trying to use as much fresh as possible. Avoiding all alcohol and full fat cheese. I'm on MFP as lisbeth75 if anyone would like to join me

Well done on making that decision and good luck on your weight loss journey sweetheart. Remember it's one day at a time, be kind to yourself, and keep your eye on the prize! A slim and healthier you!
I have been over weight my whole life. I was a 10.5 lb baby (ouch for my poor mum!!) a chubby child, a big teenager, and an overweight adult. Saying that I've always looked after myself and tried to make the best of my appearance, whilst hiding behind a bubbly personality. I've been on a diet since I was 9 and lost the same stone and gained it numerous times!!!
Something finally clicked a couple of years ago and I started calorie counting and I haven't looked back. I still go out to McDonald's weekly with my kids, I have chocolate and treats, but I count calories and exercise regularly. And if I have a blow out, which I think we all need sometimes : ) I don't throw away the whole week, or even the whole day, I get back on that wagon the next meal time. Sometimes we beat ourselves for enjoying food, but why should we??!!! Life is for living and food is a pleasure. Enjoy it!!
Anyway, sorry for the essay, just wanted to wish you well on your journey. All I would say is maybe you should start on slightly higher daily calories, maybe 1500 then drop to 1200 when you get lighter. I was losing well on 1700 then dropped to 1500 now I am 1200 to 1400 depending on appetite. If you start too low your body will get used to having very little and you will get hungry But obviously do what suits you.
All the best x,

Thank you. Will use the sticky to recalculate. Was going from Mfp! :). I used to be size 8 when I was a county swimmer but them days are long long gone :-(

hotsue67 said:
Well done on making that decision and good luck on your weight loss journey sweetheart. Remember it's one day at a time, be kind to yourself, and keep your eye on the prize! A slim and healthier you!
I have been over weight my whole life. I was a 10.5 lb baby (ouch for my poor mum!!) a chubby child, a big teenager, and an overweight adult. Saying that I've always looked after myself and tried to make the best of my appearance, whilst hiding behind a bubbly personality. I've been on a diet since I was 9 and lost the same stone and gained it numerous times!!!
Something finally clicked a couple of years ago and I started calorie counting and I haven't looked back. I still go out to McDonald's weekly with my kids, I have chocolate and treats, but I count calories and exercise regularly. And if I have a blow out, which I think we all need sometimes : ) I don't throw away the whole week, or even the whole day, I get back on that wagon the next meal time. Sometimes we beat ourselves for enjoying food, but why should we??!!! Life is for living and food is a pleasure. Enjoy it!!
Anyway, sorry for the essay, just wanted to wish you well on your journey. All I would say is maybe you should start on slightly higher daily calories, maybe 1500 then drop to 1200 when you get lighter. I was losing well on 1700 then dropped to 1500 now I am 1200 to 1400 depending on appetite. If you start too low your body will get used to having very little and you will get hungry But obviously do what suits you.
All the best x,

I totally agree with that and wad going to recommend exactly the same thing, lol. 1200 is the minimum recommended intake for healthy and sustainable weight loss, so if you start on that you've got nowhere to go when you plateau. I started on 1800, now down to 1500-1600, and have lost over 5 stone so far, hoping to double that eventually. All the best. xx

Have upped it to 1500 by using the sticky. Thank you. Just had a fab smoothly for breakfast. Can't believe I'd not thought of that for brekki before !! And less than 200 cals! Just working out what dinner will be! Then sort out lunch lol

Found your thread Lis... And thanks! I have decided to do 1500 after reading this... Hotsue what an inspiration!! Its amazing how many stories on here are the same as mine... Lose it, gain it back twice as much. But, I am determined with all you lot to crack it once and for all!!! :bighug:

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've got even more than you to lose! Around 70lb. But I'm only thinking of it half a stone at a time or I'd go absolutely mad!!!!! I'm on around 1650 calories per day, but like you it's up to 100 more. Anyway, let's stick at it together and give each other support!

I saw someone here saying even 1lb a week is 1 less than before and that's really hanged my outlook yes it's gonna be slow yes I want a fast fix but it's not gonna happen so 1 at a time is great. Come on we can do TGIF xx

lis2811 said:
I saw someone here saying even 1lb a week is 1 less than before and that's really hanged my outlook yes it's gonna be slow yes I want a fast fix but it's not gonna happen so 1 at a time is great. Come on we can do TGIF xx

I always think to myself I didnt put on weight overnight, so it wont go overnight either. I also like to think that I am now eating and exercising like a thin person, it will just take my body a little while longer to be the thin person. Just cos I lose the weight, I wont change what I do, so why does it matter how long it takes?! Its a change for life for me now!

And yes we can all do it!!!!

I'm 2.6lbs down so far yay

Brilliant, well done!!!!

I honestly can't believe how much my life has changed since I started cc last October, I have lost just short of 5 stone & gained my life back, discovered a love of zumba & it is now just a way of life & I know that however long it takes I will get to my goal of 11 stone & hopefully it won't be too hard to stay at it x

Hey Craig, welcome and good luck!

Well done lis, I'm not weighing but feel loose in my clothes today hurrah

Wowza lexi, that's baseballs!

I also like to think that I am now eating and exercising like a thin person, it will just take my body a little while longer to be the thin person. Just cos I lose the weight, I wont change what I do, so why does it matter how long it takes?! Its a change for life for me now!

I love that attitude! I'm going to adopt it, if I can!

Back