66 and 6 stones to lose

Clironka

Seriously need to get my weight back under control, for health and for vanity. We're always told that it's harder as you get older, but nobody ever explained the science of that to me. So here goes, doing VLCD for a kick start, hoping to drop a couple of stones by Christmas. Then on to low carb, real food. We run an allotment, so have lots of really fresh veg. Just completed a MAJOR house refurb. Time for us again.

Hi :)

Hi Clironka
Sounds like a good plan. We too have an allotment so lots of nice veggies. From my highest weight I have lost over a stone now and the difference it makes is amazing. Still got a way to go.
Good luck! :)

Hi what vlcd are you following ?

Hi Cherry - I'm buying KeeDiet online. Trying to keep low-key about it - I never like friends/neighbour's/colleagues feeling they have the right to comment. Luckily I work in an office alone most of the time and social life has been on hold since the house refurb started in Jan 2016 - finishing touches now, no more excuses for takeaways etc. Having no kitchen for 4 weeks doesn't help the waistline.

Really struggled with motivation today. unusual for day 5, but hey it happens. Having been on most diets over the years, I have some experience. What I have not experienced - is actually making it to target since my 20's. I set my goal at 10 stone to bring my BMI to 25, but may adjust when I get somewhere near and seriously look at myself.

Got through the difficult day yesterday, used extra packs rather than break the plan. Have just made chilli sauce (home grown chillis, garlic and apple) got Al and the carpenter who was doing my door to taste test for me, now there's angelic. Also did oven dried tomatoes with our own toms for first time, would love to test.

666, ooh dear. ;) Welcome to the forum. I'm on a VLCD myself; Lipotrim. Good luck with your journey.

Week 1 completed. 9lbs down. Satisfying start to my journey to be this mythical 10 stone that should put my BMI at 25. We'll see, the target is not set in stone. I have to judge as I get near, it's still a lot of pounds away.

Going through a non-sleeping phase! I know it can be a VLCD side effect and I have periods of insomnia. Just heard that I have some entertaining to do unexpectedly, and have to go up to Scotland also unexpectedly. Thought I had a clear enough diary for a month of VLCD. Just not going to be feasible to be 100% for the next couple of weeks. I do realise that other people do so, I am not willing to explain my eating/not eating to anyone, just have to make sensible choices.

Back