6lb LOSS IN 3 DAYS START 10st 3lb NOW 9ST 11

ivysoul

Hi I have tried umpteen diets but never tried the Cambridge diet before. I am sure a lot of this is water but whatever it feels good.
I had been meaning to diet before my holiday but never got around to it and all of a sudden I had 2 weeks to go and none of my holiday clothes fitted so it needed drastic action.
I prepared by eating out of my fridge for the previous week to get rid of all temptation. Yes I had a pig out which I should not have done but someone had to eat the pizzas :eek:

I was waking in the morning and wanted carbs, carbs, carbs so I had to break the habit
I am lucky as it is only me I told my friends I was taking 2 weeks out to lose 10lb before my holiday (I had put on 1 stone since September) my boyfriend is really supportive but he thinks I am mad. I know in the scheme of things I do not have a major weight problem but I am 5'1" and going on an all inclusive holiday for 10 days and my clothes are skin tight now never mind scoffing and drinking cocktails for days it will make me miserable.

I am taking 3 Cambridge tetras drinks a day and 3 mugs of tea and 2.5 litres of water
I started on Tuesday 17th April
Is anyone else doing the same as me?

Wow that's a good start. When is your holiday?

I am aiming for my holiday in August and a party in July and want to have made a huge difference for both.

Thanks, I am just grateful that I am losing every day. I know it cant continue a 1lb loss every day but I love to see the scales going down and was desperate to get under 10st. I like mini goals bit by bit it will disappear why is your weigh in on the 27th April?

wow that is amazing!

I find the lower my weight the harder it is, so that's just brilliant - well done you!

Hi I am so jealous. I literally have the same goal as you

I had a weigh in today after doing 5 days and according to MY scales I lost 6 pounds but on my CDC's it said 3 pounds! I know everyone elses' scales are different so trying not to stress over it too much... So annoying.... I am hoping to be in the 9s by the end of next week, but there are so many factors, everyone is different, TOTM, the older you get youe metabolism apparently slows down:eek: and unfortunately the less weight you have to lose, the harder it gets...
:cry:
I weighed in on and started on 16th at 10.7 and yes, like you the leading up to the two days before I started, I was eating every carb possible in anticipation for this 'madness' even though my CDC told me I should slowing start to cut out carbs before I started :D I too am also going away on holiday but on 22nd July AI (Yikes!) so that gives me plenty of time to get to goal. As I've said before it is twisted what us women put ourselves through, literally starving ourselves in anticipation for an event or holiday where 9 out of 10 times the outcome involves food and then having to return back to the diet again....:sigh:

Good luck and keep us posted x

Hi I have tried umpteen diets but never tried the Cambridge diet before. I am sure a lot of this is water but whatever it feels good.
I had been meaning to diet before my holiday but never got around to it and all of a sudden I had 2 weeks to go and none of my holiday clothes fitted so it needed drastic action.
I prepared by eating out of my fridge for the previous week to get rid of all temptation. Yes I had a pig out which I should not have done but someone had to eat the pizzas :eek:

I was waking in the morning and wanted carbs, carbs, carbs so I had to break the habit
I am lucky as it is only me I told my friends I was taking 2 weeks out to lose 10lb before my holiday (I had put on 1 stone since September) my boyfriend is really supportive but he thinks I am mad. I know in the scheme of things I do not have a major weight problem but I am 5'1" and going on an all inclusive holiday for 10 days and my clothes are skin tight now never mind scoffing and drinking cocktails for days it will make me miserable.

I am taking 3 Cambridge tetras drinks a day and 3 mugs of tea and 2.5 litres of water
I started on Tuesday 17th April
Is anyone else doing the same as me?

ivysoul said:
Thanks, I am just grateful that I am losing every day. I know it cant continue a 1lb loss every day but I love to see the scales going down and was desperate to get under 10st. I like mini goals bit by bit it will disappear why is your weigh in on the 27th April?

Hi - WI is on 27th as my CDC is away - will normally be weigh in with her alternate weeks and weigh in and phone consult on the in between weeks. Will be 12 day weigh in but I know I will have jumped on home scales before then.

Try not to worry about your numbers as long as they coming down that's the main thing.

Another lb gone and I look forward to my shakes, I like them. Today was the easiest so far & I lost another pound that is 7 lb. I only met my CDC once quickly picked up my 2 weeks & that was it , she weighed me took my money & I was gone.
I love to weigh myself buck naked before coffee first thing in the morning. Wow you have loads of time. I hate the way I leave everything until the last minute. I am possessed at the moment. Keep up the good work. You are right I should not look at the pounds .

Last edited:
You have lost so much already that is brilliant. I think I will keep a journal and I need to excersise each day even if it is just for 20 minutes.
I do find writing on this board helpful.

I posted a thread in red saying I had lost another 1lb yesterday not another stone but it has vanished ??? I think I am going mad :) but a happy mad

Hi i have kept to the same weight loss of 8lb since day 5 I am now on day 8 and my cdc advised that I add a vlc meal?? I was happy on my 3 tetras buy my cdc said I needed to add a meal as it will help my weight loss??? anyhow I have had plain fish and vegetable today. Still not tempted to cheat which is good. I have to break the diet at the weekend as I am off on holiday so my first goal was 10 lb and I am sure I will do it. When I return I have the weekend of family birthday celebrations and starting back on soul source on the Monday, eeek its gonna be tough

Back