6pack / flat tum in 6 weeks challenge

Carrieblue

Hi guys, I wonder if any of you ladies/ men would be up for a little challenge.

Either do your own abs routine, or and DVD / YouTube or jillian michaels abs in 6 weeks.
You must take a pic of your mid section ( up to you if you want to share it at a later date it not ) start date is the 15th July 2012.

Let me know if u fancy it.

ok I will post the exact rules, and try and be as clear as possible and add this to my start post as well.

1. Take a pic of your stomach how it is now. ( as you will need this for motivation) you can post this on the forum if you want to its up to you. ( remember you will be taking a pic of your stomach when the challenge is finished in 6 weeks. take some measurements if you want to as well.

2. The start date is the 15 july and will end on the 26th of august. ( just in time for the bank holiday yaaay)

3. you must do a minimum of 20 mins of ab exercises a day for 5 days a week minimum.

4. your ab exercises can be what you make up yourself, an abs dvd, pilates, ( so if you do a pilates class and do 10 mins of abs you still need to do 10 mins at some point in that day to get the minimum 20 mins. The abs exercises can be split up 4 x 5 mins - 2x 10 mins or the full 20 or any combination that you want that makes up the minimum 20 mins a day.

Hi guys here are some you tube abdominal workouts, my favourites are Laura London
There are some other vids for ideas in the gym, and some exercises to have a little go at at home.

Fitness - 8 Minute Ab Workout with Laura London - YouTube

8 Min Abs Workout, how to have six pack (HD Version) - YouTube

The Best Exercise for LOWER ABS: Part 3 of 5 - YouTube

ajFitness - THE BEST Lower Ab Workout - YouTube

Fitness - 10 Minute ab workout - YouTube (LauraLondon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6mKUEY09o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTApo0gkdY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
( this one is billy blanks tae bo and looks like a full video work out to burn the fat of the abs, do at your own risk ha ha ha ps make sure you have your water on this one)

Some fantastic kettle bell workouts posted by lose2win ( thankyou)

Laura London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiGRmvZoGs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-8KRjsMp1g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VId4pwupuw&feature=youtube_gdata_playerr

Ryan shanahan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfJ8uS505A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anyone else have anyother must see really good ab vids on utube then please post.​

Ok last one from me this one is for the six pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAT9I3_sZx4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
I'm interested - how often do you have to do the DVD?! How long is it?! Xx

you have to do the dvd 5 times a week, minimum. ( when I get jills dvd ill update if I am wrong)
because we want a flat tum,
its gonna be a hard challenge.
I've ordered pilates focus on abdominals from pilates tv and hopefully will have it by the time we start the challenge.
i'll take my pics and of my stomach from the front and side, ( and post the before mid way and after pics when done).
you dont have to do this but I think you will find it a good incentive when you see your body change.

Last edited:
I want to try and get a jessica rabbit figure ( hence the challenge) ha haa

i really want to join in with this. but i fail at exercise unless i have some motivation :( however ill defs give it a go. im festivalling in august and i want to be toned for that

cool amylou87, you can only try and give it your best shot.
And we will encourage you every day if needs be.

takers so far...

Carrieblue
Mizkirsty
Amylou87
gina_b
mybodyisacage
sliminthecity
Bluedrop
Rainbowbear
Lose2win
Trimlee
Joanne
Kayleehollie

Last edited:
Can Pilates count as an an workout?! Xx

ill try this :) aiming for the 6 pack though. my own ab routine in the gym

do i need to post a pic of the before/after?

can you recommend any youtube links?

Carrieblue said:
Hi guys, I wonder if any of you ladies/ men would be up for a little challenge.

Either do your own abs routine, or and DVD / YouTube or jillian michaels abs in 6 weeks.
You must take a pic of your mid section ( up to you if you want to share it at a later date it not ) start date is the 15th July 2012.

Let me know if u fancy it.

Hi, I'm up for the challenge :). I have a variety of DVDs with specific abs sections so I'll probably alternate as I get bored of the same routines all the time!

So we start the 15th, when's the end date? I'd be happy to take before/ after photos of my mid section and share( this will help spur me on!)

Great idea :)

ok I will post the exact rules, and try and be as clear as possible and add this to my start post as well.

1. Take a pic of your stomach how it is now. ( as you will need this for motivation) you can post this on the forum if you want to its up to you. ( remember you will be taking a pic of your stomach when the challenge is finished in 6 weeks. take some measurements if you want to as well.

2. The start date is the 15 july and will end on the 26th of august. ( just in time for the bank holiday yaaay)

3. you must do a minimum of 20 mins of ab exercises a day for 5 days a week minimum.

4. your ab exercises can be what you make up yourself, an abs dvd, pilates, ( so if you do a pilates class and do 10 mins of abs you still need to do 10 mins at some point in that day to get the minimum 20 mins. The abs exercises can be split up 4 x 5 mins - 2x 10 mins or the full 20 or any combination that you want that makes up the minimum 20 mins a day.

Carrieblue said:

Great :) I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about everyones progress.

I will do a search for youtube links and post then on here later when I finish work.

you can post pic if YOU want its up to you ( I will post my pics at the end I think) and measurements.

a pilates class does count if you are doing ab exercises, you need to roughly time how many mins you are doing on your abs, eg. 5 mins of planks, then you still need tyo do 15 mins at gym/home at some point that day.

Hi guys here are some you tube abdominal workouts, my favourites are Laura London
There are some other vids for ideas in the gym, and some exercises to have a little go at at home.

Fitness - 8 Minute Ab Workout with Laura London - YouTube

8 Min Abs Workout, how to have six pack (HD Version) - YouTube

The Best Exercise for LOWER ABS: Part 3 of 5 - YouTube

ajFitness - THE BEST Lower Ab Workout - YouTube

Fitness - 10 Minute ab workout - YouTube (LauraLondon)

Anyone else have anyother must see really good ab vids on utube then please post.

Last edited:

im in!
i already do an 11 minute ab workout (phone app), and usually a double cardio class which has one track in each for abs, they are usually 5 mins average time.
roughly 20 mins, maybe a minute over... i do use weights when i do any ab exercises though, a 5kg or 10kg hand weight

want my 6 pack!

Hi, I quite like the idea of joining everyone but having never done an "ab" exercises in my life I'm not sure I know what one is? Might be a silly question but will it matter if you've never done them before?:confused:

takers so far...

Carrieblue
Mizkirsty
Amylou87
gina_b
mybodyisacage
sliminthecity
Bluedrop
rainbowbear
lose2win
trimlee
joanne
kayleehollie​

Last edited:
Rainbowbear not silly at all, it doesn't matter if you've never done an abs class. I've posted some links on page 1 have a look and have a go. Take it easy if it's too hard at first and break it up in sections if too hard to do all in one.

Your more than welcome to join x

Last edited:
Back