Extra Easy 75 1/2 syns left

dancinglilly

Hiya,
Im really struggling with this part, i worked it out last night and i have got 75 1/2 syns left. I get weighed tomorrow, so dont want to chuck a big choc bar in the mix. I really think its effected
My weight loss this week and only my second week.
Thanx amy x

Hi, dont worry it works out that you have had around 5 a day, are you having a treat during the week? i use most of my 15 syns up a day, you can easily sneak them in if you dont have a sweet tooth and dont want to eat crisps etc using your syns. like putting mayo on a salad, having a mugshot with your lunch these are also quite filling i love the cous cous ones, you could also add an extra healthy size portion of cheese to something for 6 syns (have a look in your book for amounts of which cheeses can be had etc) alpen light bars are nice they are 3 syns each, i wouldnt try to leave them out as you will start to crave the things your not eating, if you like choc have some just make sure its within your syns, if i have all my syns left at night and im hungry i will have a packet of crisps/choc/mini bag of biscuits. or if you have weetabix or similar cereal you could sprinkle sugar on it for a few syns? hope that helps but dont worry you are on plan if your having at least 5 a day :)

As you've just started the plan you really should be targeting between 10-15 syns each day...that way you can reduce down to more like 5 syns when your weight losses slow down and you need a boost. You can make whole meals up just using free and superfree foods...but add a few syns in along the way to boost up your syn count, i.e. for dressings, cheese, bread...anything you need (as said by spudnik above) - the syns are there for you to use because your body needs them.

It's been proven with this plan that you need to eat (until you're satisfied) in order to lose the weight...so you really should make sure you're having your daily syns, and you really should be targeting your 10-15 each day. I pretty much have 15 syns every day and I've lost every week so far which is proof that you can still lose when having all the syns.

You could try chucking in treats like I do or snacks - I also like the Alpen Light bars (3 syns), Weight Watcher hot chocolate sachets are 2 syns each (they're yummy!), curly wurly's are 6 syns (I think!), or why not treat yourself to a cadbury's creme egg (9 syns) :D

gemmiegem said:
As you've just started the plan you really should be targeting between 10-15 syns each day...that way you can reduce down to more like 5 syns when your weight losses slow down and you need a boost. You can make whole meals up just using free and superfree foods...but add a few syns in along the way to boost up your syn count, i.e. for dressings, cheese, bread...anything you need (as said by spudnik above) - the syns are there for you to use because your body needs them.

It's been proven with this plan that you need to eat (until you're satisfied) in order to lose the weight...so you really should make sure you're having your daily syns, and you really should be targeting your 10-15 each day. I pretty much have 15 syns every day and I've lost every week so far which is proof that you can still lose when having all the syns.

You could try chucking in treats like I do or snacks - I also like the Alpen Light bars (3 syns), Weight Watcher hot chocolate sachets are 2 syns each (they're yummy!), curly wurly's are 6 syns (I think!), or why not treat yourself to a cadbury's creme egg (9 syns) :D

Thanks
I dont no what it is with me at moment, i know the plan but its like i can eat all this food(something im not use to after doing ww) and then have syns aswel. My heads telling me your having to much food so you wont loose weight.
I will see what happens tomorrow and then eat all my sins (or try my best) next week.
Gemmiegem the cream egg sounds good x

I don't even understand this post! How can you have 75 1/2 syns left the night before weigh in?
Why are you counting syns by weekly amounts on your second week? SW recommends 10-15 a DAY! use your syns daily, some people TWEAK and use syns weekly but it's not recommended.

Shirleen said:
I don't even understand this post! How can you have 75 1/2 syns left the night before weigh in?
Why are you counting syns by weekly amounts on your second week? SW recommends 10-15 a DAY! use your syns daily, some people TWEAK and use syns weekly but it's not recommended.

I have them left because i havent used them. I get weighed on a wed morn. So from last wed until 2night i have used 29 1/2 syns. I dont use them all at once. I dont use them weekly, i wrote it this way because i count downwards from 105. Which i have seen done many a times on the diaries ect on here. I did it this way on my 1st week and lost 71/2 lb so although i did use more my 1st week i dont think the way i tally my syns up has much to do with it.
I know using them all at once isnt recomended hence why i said about not eating a big chocolate bar the night before weigh in to use sll my syns up.

Last edited:
PatchworkPuss said:
Beg to differ - counting your syns weekly is not a tweak as it says on the SW website that it is perfectly okay to do that. :)

Thanks patchwork puss, was abit put out by the reply before yours. Thought it came across quite patronising.
Amy x

dancinglilly said:
Thanks patchwork puss, was abit put out by the reply before yours. Thought it came across quite patronising.
Amy x

Yeah people can come across like that on here, seem to think they no it all, don't think there's any need for the way things r put sometimes x

xxchristiexx said:
Yeah people can come across like that on here, seem to think they no it all, don't think there's any need for the way things r put sometimes x

Deffinately, i posted on here for some nice friendly advice, not to be made out to be stupid x

dancinglilly said:
Deffinately, i posted on here for some nice friendly advice, not to be made out to be stupid x

Yeah totally understand where your comin from, no need for the tone and being made out as if u don't know what u r talkin about, xo

dancinglilly said:
Amy x

xxchristiexx said:

dancinglilly said:

I think you's are being a wee bit nasty towards Shirleen, she meant no harm in what she was saying! It's hard to see someone's facial expression behind a post! It's just strange for someone who's only started SW to use weekly syns rather than daily syns as its not something consultants promote! Using weekly syns can make some people binge eat and fall off the wagon where as if you eat them on a daily basis you're less likely to feel deprived and stay on plan more! Just my 2 pence worth, having seen many posts from Shirleen she's not a nasty person! :)

vanilla_cupcake said:
I think you's are being a wee bit nasty towards Shirleen, she meant no harm in what she was saying! It's hard to see someone's facial expression behind a post! It's just strange for someone who's only started SW to use weekly syns rather than daily syns as its not something consultants promote! Using weekly syns can make some people binge eat and fall off the wagon where as if you eat them on a daily basis you're less likely to feel deprived and stay on plan more! Just my 2 pence worth, having seen many posts from Shirleen she's not a nasty person! :)

Yeah but she could have put it better it's sound quite patronising x

vanilla_cupcake said:

I understand that but it is written in a patronising way, i never said i use my syns weekly, i count them down from a 105 but i still write my syns down daily. I wish i had never asked the question now & will think next time before i post a question.
Amy x

Starlight said:
I think the comments complaining about the original comments are coming across far worse to be honest. Shirleen made a point which shes perfectly entitled to, it was a geniune question in reply to a post.

How about we go back to the original question asked :)

Yes she made a point, its the way she made it.
Exactley i was asking for ideas and how othet people use their syns & slso if people found they were loosing weight if they didnt use all their syns?
Amy x

I dont actually see anything too contraversial in her comment to be perfectly honest, however if youve taken offence to it thats entirely your perogative.

Lets drop that aspect of the thread because bickering like this just makes not only SW but Minimins look bad. Theres so many people with a wealth of knowledge on here dont let one thread deter you from posting in future :)

Now, what are you going to do about those Syns ;)

Starlight said:
I dont actually see anything too contraversial in her comment to be perfectly honest, however if youve taken offence to it thats entirely your perogative.

Lets drop that aspect of the thread because bickering like this just makes not only SW but Minimins look bad. Theres so many people with a wealth of knowledge on here dont let one thread deter you from posting in future :)

Now, what are you going to do about those Syns ;)

Yes its my perogative. Seems very clicky on here.

Back