7lb in 7 days, then what??

LadyJo

Silver Member
Hi all

I've recently bought a rosemary Conley magazine and there's a food plan for one week doing 4 days at 1000cal and 3days at 1200cal for one week only. For the last 4 months I've done 1500 a day 1700 on days I go to the gym and have lost 2st 4lb. If you did the 7 day plan do you think it would totally screw up the week after when u went back onto 1500 cals?? Because there wiuld still be a calorie deficit just not as much.Has anyone done a detox/low cal week before and what happened after when u went back onto normal cal counting???
Thanks in advance all :)

I always do a low week at the start of a plan; just to get rid of the bloat and water weight. I don't think i have every gained on the second week with any weight loss plan, but then as calories have increased of course the loss is smaller.

I think at the worst you would get a sts, then a good loss the week after as your body re-adjusts.

I always do a low week at the start of a plan; just to get rid of the bloat and water weight. I don't think i have every gained on the second week with any weight loss plan, but then as calories have increased of course the loss is smaller.

I think at the worst you would get a sts, then a good loss the week after as your body re-adjusts.

I'm 4 months into my plan I just fancy a low week to boost things a bit, don't know if its a good idea and I should just be patient?!?!

I'm 4 months into my plan I just fancy a low week to boost things a bit, don't know if its a good idea and I should just be patient?!?!

I wouldn't do a low calorie week if I were you because like you said you're 4 months into it.. I'd be a bit concerned that if you did a low week that when you went back up to your normal calorie allowance of 1500-1700 your losses wouldn't be as good because you dropped cals & then went back up... Apparently a good way to jump start things again when your losses slow or you plateau is to eat at maintenance calories for a dy or two, so like 2000 or whatever your maintenance calories are, or have a cheat day.. this will shock the metabolism and then when you drop back down to 1500-1700 it'll get the ball rolling again :)

I think you mentioned before that you downloaded the Jillian Michaels podcast? There's an episode on there about this & she advises a high calorie day or two to Kickstart things again.

I wouldn't do a low calorie week if I were you because like you said you're 4 months into it.. I'd be a bit concerned that if you did a low week that when you went back up to your normal calorie allowance of 1500-1700 your losses wouldn't be as good because you dropped cals & then went back up... Apparently a good way to jump start things again when your losses slow or you plateau is to eat at maintenance calories for a dy or two, so like 2000 or whatever your maintenance calories are, or have a cheat day.. this will shock the metabolism and then when you drop back down to 1500-1700 it'll get the ball rolling again :)

I think you mentioned before that you downloaded the Jillian Michaels podcast? There's an episode on there about this & she advises a high calorie day or two to Kickstart things again.

Ooh thanks Lauren I just fancied having a good week. Haven't hit a plateau as yet I'm doing well I just want 7lb in 7days but will prob do more harm than good. I will look out for that podcast x

Great advice Lauren :)
This podcast .. Did Jillian just go the one .?? It do I have to sift through loads ..??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great advice Lauren :)
This podcast .. Did Jillian just go the one .?? It do I have to sift through loads ..??

She's done over 100 podcast episodes now, but it's the episode called "excuses, lunchtimes & zig zagging calories" and the zig zag bit is right at the end :) x

She's done over 100 podcast episodes now, but it's the episode called "excuses, lunchtimes & zig zagging calories" and the zig zag bit is right at the end :) x

Cool thanks for that x

Must say I agree. On my first weight loss attempt I had several STS weeks in a row. If I had two in a row I would always have a mad day where I would eat choloate, cake, biscuits. Going back to normal eating the day after. It always shook my plateaus. I know it isnt healthy to trick or play with metabolism like that but it worked so I was happy! Now I've just got to start loosing again.... you'd think a holiday to Sydney would be motivating enough!

Back