8 Hour Diet

Good luck Sammy for tomorrow!

Not doing it presently... Did well on it in April and May...then June was a washout... I have switched to Lipotrim for now to see can I quickly make up for June:(...fully intend going back to it.

Good luck with 16:8 :) I'm still doing it, with a mix of VLCD for a few weeks. After that I'll be doing 16:8 with calorie counting as I was since April-June. It does work!
x

Thanks Minerva! How long have you been doing the 16:8 and what results have you got? I'm going to try and adopt the healthy eating approach: portion control and good food groups etc. I've done so many things over the years, I'm quite tired of it all. I feel more confident this could work for me and I haven't been able to say that for years. I am planning to do 12.30 - 20.30 but wondered how it works fitting in 1-21.00 on Sat and Sun and resuming back on the Monday with 12.30 - 20.30? At the moment I'm getting rid of a cold and it's a heavy TOTM so had a banana with lots of water before 12.30 just to get me into the swing of things for now.

I was doing a calorie controlled 16:8 (though sometimes it was more like 20:4) for two and a half months and I lost 25lb. It's not as fast as some diets, but it works for me since I've been a breakfast skipper for a long time. I'd keep my days quite low though, adding a 5:2 diet in there with a couple days of 500-600 calories whenever it suited and keeping other days at a 1200 maximum or below that. But don't let that put you off, I'm actually a really slow loser and not everyone is the same! Even on a VLCD I'd lose half the weight that someone else could do, all our bodies are different!
Having said that though, I didn't cut any food groups out, but ate healthily. I still had satisfying dinners with carbs and proteins and vegetables, so it's not restrictive that way. But I did refrain from having snacks/sweet things. Cutting out sugar is beneficial as it makes the hunger less prominent in the fasting window.

The fasting window is up to you and 30 minutes difference shouldn't matter too much when switching from the weekend to weekday. It's more about what you eat and how much - a more carby meal the day before will make a difference, as the fasting principle works on burning through the readily available glycogen and then trying to burn fat within that time frame before your first meal. So personally I didn't have refined carbs on a daily basis, so 4-5 days out of the week I'd have protein heavy days with vegetables and 2-3 days there would be some rice/bread in there.

:)

I was doing a calorie controlled 16:8 (though sometimes it was more like 20:4) for two and a half months and I lost 25lb. It's not as fast as some diets, but it works for me since I've been a breakfast skipper for a long time. I'd keep my days quite low though, adding a 5:2 diet in there with a couple days of 500-600 calories whenever it suited and keeping other days at a 1200 maximum or below that. But don't let that put you off, I'm actually a really slow loser and not everyone is the same! Even on a VLCD I'd lose half the weight that someone else could do, all our bodies are different!
Having said that though, I didn't cut any food groups out, but ate healthily. I still had satisfying dinners with carbs and proteins and vegetables, so it's not restrictive that way. But I did refrain from having snacks/sweet things. Cutting out sugar is beneficial as it makes the hunger less prominent in the fasting window.

The fasting window is up to you and 30 minutes difference shouldn't matter too much when switching from the weekend to weekday. It's more about what you eat and how much - a more carby meal the day before will make a difference, as the fasting principle works on burning through the readily available glycogen and then trying to burn fat within that time frame before your first meal. So personally I didn't have refined carbs on a daily basis, so 4-5 days out of the week I'd have protein heavy days with vegetables and 2-3 days there would be some rice/bread in there.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. I think I like this approach as like you suggest you can modify and adopt different principles within it. I think 25lb is great in that time frame. I think half a stone a month is good going... Similarly I'm planning to refrain from sweet foods and have one on the weekend etc. when going out hence the different feasting window. I want try and normalise it as much as possible so it becomes a way of life. I don't normally skip breakfast but I feel I can do without it and it has happened naturally due to my work schedule. I think I will have lunch and dinner with a snack in between. I have started switching to healthier carbs but won't get too bothered if I have white rice. I have a diet plate so I am using that too. I have been trying to cook some recipes from Jamie Oliver's Super food book and Joe Wicks' Lean in 15. I train 3 times a week so will use his principle of post workout carb refuel meal. :)

Yeah, half a stone per month isn't so bad is it! :) It's steady and doesn't shock the system too much. I don't do any exercise at all (I'm far too lazy :p ), so you're likely to see better results! I think they encourage the exercise to be in the fasting window for maximum results, but with work schedules I can see that might not be realistic.
Well done on planning all of this out, and I hope you feel better soon (with the cold and TOTM!). x

Yeah, half a stone per month isn't so bad is it! :) It's steady and doesn't shock the system too much. I don't do any exercise at all (I'm far too lazy :p ), so you're likely to see better results! I think they encourage the exercise to be in the fasting window for maximum results, but with work schedules I can see that might not be realistic.
Well done on planning all of this out, and I hope you feel better soon (with the cold and TOTM!). x

Thanks and see you around!

Hi

I tried 5/2 a few years ago for a week and couldn't do it. First time doing the 8 hour diet though. Seems more normal and consistent. The other one was to extreme with the contrast of the food intake. What about you?

I'm doing calorie counting with some intermittent fasting thrown in. It varies how many fast days I do each week depending on how I feel, what I've got going on etc but try and keep my average calories over a week at 1200-1300/day

Still getting on with it. I'm not really feeling that hungry and when I eat I'm feeling really full quick. Strange. How is everyone else doing?

Great that you're not feeling hungry, sounds as if it's going well for you :)

I managed a successful fast yesterday. Today was much higher cal and I love how it feels like so much food after fasting :)

Hello!

I weighed in this morning and lost a pound. I was expecting more but trying to be positive and realistic at the same time which is hard! I've only done this a week on the back end of a holiday week plus was ill and TOTM during the first week. It's early days and settling in etc. How is everyone else doing?

A pound is better than nothing and a million times better than a gain :) My WI isn't until Thursday but I'd be happy with a 1 (or preferably 2!!) pound loss. My losses always tend to be slow unfortunately :(

A pound is better than nothing and a million times better than a gain :) My WI isn't until Thursday but I'd be happy with a 1 (or preferably 2!!) pound loss. My losses always tend to be slow unfortunately :(

A loss is a loss and I have had to accept that over the years (though hard to) though like you, a couple of pounds would be better :) I am very slow in losing weight even when I am on plan....

Good luck for WI on Thursday!

A loss is a loss and I have had to accept that over the years (though hard to) though like you, a couple of pounds would be better :) I am very slow in losing weight even when I am on plan....

Good luck for WI on Thursday!

Thank you! I'm not very confident but have my fingers crossed!!

Back