8 Stone to Lose - Which Diet????

Hi all,

I have approx 8 stone to lose and am currently on Slimming World but already finding my motivation is going.

What diet would you recommend to me? I just want to shift the weight qand get it gone..... I'm so fed up with it being an issue.

TIA, Ging x

I am currently doing Lighter Life. I am finding the diet a real godsend. The weight is coming off regular and consistently and that in itself is motivating. I love the fact I do not have to think about food and can just be free from the constraints of my over eating.

I also enjoy my weekly groups and believe that looking at the reasons as to why I over eat will help me tremendously when I return to food.

If you can stick to a VLCD I woud advise try one, the quicker weight loss may be the factor to keep you motivated. Good luck for which ever diet you choose

I felt like that. Just wanted to get the weight off and start a new life and eat properly again.

I did Cambridge. Quick results that I've been able to maintain.

thank you both. Never really looked at a VLCD..... not sure i'd cope with feeling hungry a lot? Also don't have a lot of cash at the mo.... are they expensive?

Ging x

Hi Ging, I'm doing Lighterlife and it's £66 per week. I nearly fell off my seat when I first heard that, but then when I added up how much I was spending on food per week I reckon I save about £30 per week. I was spending £25 week on takeaways, a fiver a day for lunch at work, couple of quid a day "snacks" and then a big supermarket shop on top. With a VLCD you get the results quicker, which I feel is important when you've got a lot to lose (like me!). Good luck xx

I have put down that i need to loose 5 stone .....i really need to loose 8 ..but im trying to be realistic ...so 5 stone it is then see how i feel ...

I cannot get on with the sw as u can eat to much ..my other option was sewing my mouth up but unfortunatly i wouldnt be able to shout at the kids then !!!! lol ... i have choosen the cambridge diet i think this vlcd is perfect for me as i really do need to stop eating lol!!! just waiting for a cdc now to get back in touch! let the fun begin
xxxx

Hi there are many diets to choose from you just have to find the one that suits you .
Have a look through the boards on here there has to be just about every diet going .
I lost my weight on cambridge diet which gives you fast results like all vlcd .I have maintained for almost a year now .It takes 2/3 days to get into the swing of this diet but once there you dont really feel physical hunger but your head will try convince you to eat but which diet is different on any diet your head tries to get u to eat things to knock you off .It takes the presure off for a while as you dont have to plan what to eat as you get shake soup choc bar or porridge (loads of flavours tho so not to bad ).There is a plan for slowly coming back to normal eating so you can re-teach healthy eating .As someone already mentioned the cost for lighter life cambridge is cheaper price list is on here somewhere and the cost of what you buy now would be more (it was in my house ).Hope this helps anymore questions please ask I do think there is a diet /eating plan for everyone you just have to find the one that suits you so dont give up hun xx

Hi

I'm on Lipotrim which is a VLCD, £36 a week and you have to go to the pharmacy, so you have the weekly weigh-in's to motivate you. I have 8 and a half stone to lose, and can't face it taking forever, I lose 2 st 1lb in 5 weeks which is a real motivator to carry on. The first week is really quite hard but if you can get through that you can lose a lot of weight, and then the challenge will be keeping it off, but at least you will be a good proportion of the way there.

Anyway if you're serious about weightloss then I would really recommend this diet, and it also really helps to break the cravings and change the way you feel about food, so that's also a great bonus. It's only for the dedicated though!

Jo

Hi GB. One piece of advice I would give ya is if you do a vlcd, stick to it and get all the weight off you need because it gets harder and harder to do the diet if you cheat. When I done LL in '06 I couldn't believe how easy it was, 3-4 days in and I didn't feel hungry at all. I cheated and ate food after 10 weeks and that was it, I've never been able to get back on it since. Good luck whatever you decide to do. :)

Last edited:
Hve you tried visiting your gp to see of there is any medication availlable to assist you? Ive got 4 stone to loose an he pescribed me xenical it basically takes a percentage of fat from the food i eat and gets rid. There are some nasty side effects but if you stick within the rules you shouldnt experience them.

xxxx

Back