810 plan advice pls?

Hi all,

I started CD today and am doing 810 plan so I can still have a meal.

Does it matter if we don`t eat as much as we can? I`ve had 250g of Prawns but really not hungry so don`t want to add veg or salad - This is ok I take it?

Also, Can someone please tell me how much more water we should have with tetra packs? I had one at work this evening and also had 6 plastic cups full of water over the evening. Is this enough?

Sorry for daft Qs!

Thanks,

LiSe Xxx

:sign0009:

Does it matter if we don`t eat as much as we can? I`ve had 250g of Prawns but really not hungry so don`t want to add veg or salad - This is ok I take it?

It's depend on why you are doing 810 rather than a lower plan. If you are allowed to do the lower plans, then for your height that's fine. As long as you are having the 3 shakes.

Also, Can someone please tell me how much more water we should have with tetra packs?

1/2pt on top of the 2.25L minimum

I had one at work this evening and also had 6 plastic cups full of water over the evening. Is this enough?

Depends on what else you drank throughout the day. plastics cup size? Maybe 125ml depends? Depends on the size of the plastic cups :D

Ideally if you aim for 3L, if should be enough to cover the odd tetra or bar.

Thankyou so much for the reply :)

I could do SS but although I can go without food, My body can`t :( So I decided 810 was the best option for me as it meant I could still eat something. I`m just not hungry tho? I am actually considering trying SS+ once I have eaten the food I got to eat on 810 plan but it depends on how my body copes with the small amount of food.

Re water - I drank 3L of water throughout the day, Plus the 6 plastic cups at work (they`re the ones that are attached to a water machine) plus 1 mug of Green tea aswell as the 16floz needed for my 2 other shakes - I take it that was enough?

I have some ketostix from when I tried LT last yr so I used one this morning as I`m confused as to why I`m not hungry (I struggled to eat the prawns last night) and it is showing that I am in ketosis (JUST!) but surely that can`t be right? I had cut carbs in the 2 weeks before I started as my body is carb sensitive so I don`t know if that would make a difference?

Anyway, Thanks again for your help & advice

Xxx

Re water - I drank 3L of water throughout the day, Plus the 6 plastic cups at work (they`re the ones that are attached to a water machine) plus 1 mug of Green tea aswell as the 16floz needed for my 2 other shakes - I take it that was enough?

Yep :)

I have some ketostix from when I tried LT last yr so I used one this morning as I`m confused as to why I`m not hungry (I struggled to eat the prawns last night) and it is showing that I am in ketosis (JUST!) but surely that can`t be right? I had cut carbs in the 2 weeks before I started as my body is carb sensitive so I don`t know if that would make a difference?
]

Okay, first you can't be JUST in ketosis. You are either in or out. Secondly, the ketostix aren't a test for ketosis. They are a test for ketones. If your body uses up your ketones, there wont be any to expel and you wont get a pink result. If you have drunk plenty, then they will be diluted and you can get pale pink or beige.

I never got pink once, but was definitely in ketosis.

If you cut carbs before the diet, you could have been in ketosis before you even started, or very close to it.

Thankyou again for the reply :)

What I meant by JUST is that the colour was in between trace & fallible :)confused:)

I am wondering if I was on the verge as I lost 5lbs in one week and this is a miracle for me! I don`t usually lose that in the month :rolleyes: And hopefully properly starting the diet has pushed it over the edge? I am still not hungry and have loads of energy this afternoon :D (another rare thing for me as I`m usually always tired due to my Thyroid).

I`m struggling a bit with the water today :( I could sometimes go all day without drinking so this is a HUGE change for me. So far, I have had the 8floz with my breakfast shake, 2L of water and am just supping a Green Tea :D I still need to have my "lunch" which I`ll have at 2.30 just before going to pick moomin up from nursery :D

Just had a thought *ouch* is it possible to be in Ketosis if eating a small amount? (I had the prawns last night)

Sorry for all the daft Qs, And thanks again!!

Xxx

Thankyou again for the reply :)

What I meant by JUST is that the colour was in between trace & fallible :)confused:)

Sounds exciting anyway, but yes I would say that you have excess ketones so probably in ketosis.

I am wondering if I was on the verge as I lost 5lbs in one week and this is a miracle for me!

Not really to do with ketosis though (if that was what you are gauging your ketosis against). Ketosis doesn't cause weight loss.

The 5lbs will be because you dropped carbs, so lost water/glycogen, which can bring on ketosis, but that's another issue.

Just had a thought *ouch* is it possible to be in Ketosis if eating a small amount? (I had the prawns last night)

Yes, that's probably happened :clap:, though again, ketosis isn't due to eating a small amount. It's just a lack of carbs. Nothing to do with weight loss.

That you did by reducing carbs so lowering glycogen and water and now with the lowered calories, you'll start to lose fat (whether in or out of ketosis)

810 can be iffy when it comes to keto. Depends how you do it, so whether you are in it or not wont make a great amount of difference. Weight loss is the same.

Sounds like you are doing fab :clap:

Thankyou again for your advice and clarifying a few things for me :D

I did another test this morning and the stick was dark purple so I am def in ketosis which if I now have it right, Means that my body will now be burning fat?

I had 2 poached eggs and some lettuce for my main meal last night and it was yum! And am 2lbs down this morning, So 810 seems to be right for me :D

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Xxx

Back