Step 1 Sole Source + 8lbs/5ins off in first week!!

I started my first day yesterday, nearly made it to the end of day 2. Having no real issues apart from a bit of a headache. Don't feel hungry but temptation is still quite strong at this stage so need to focus to get through it but very proud of myself so far.

I am using the strawberry and banana ready made shakes so far. There seems to be a bit of a bitter aftertaste which surprised me because everyone says how nice they are. My consultant thinks it might be because they are ready made and I'll find the sachets better. Does anyone else find this?

I'm looking for some support and suggestions for what people think are nice and not so nice tasting of the product range.

I am doing this because I have severe psoriatic arthritis and lupus and immobility and corticosteroids have added a lot of weight to the already ample frame I had after having my 4 daughters. My health really needs the loss as my joints are struggling and each sun induced lupus flare is, I'm confident, exacerbated because the heat feels worse because of my size.

I also went back to University and will be starting my final year in October. Having my degree is my life's ambition, after getting married and having children (both of which I have achieved) but the thought of having my graduation day photos with me as I am and so unhappy is my motivation to get rid of this. I use the words "get rid" as opposed to lose weight because I don't intend to find it again once its gone.

I've been told the worst days will be 4 & 5 which is making me a little nervous. Would love some advice from anyone on how to make the days easier.

Leanne xxx

Last edited:
Well done so far! I am on day 22 and can not believe how quick it is flying by. Im 1 stone down and feel fantastic! I cant wait for the rest to fall off! Good luck on your journey, its do exciting and this site is wonderful for motivation. All the best x

Thank you so much. Congratulations on your loss so far!

I feel really quite energetic so far, like all the bloat and frump has gone. I'm already happy with that x

Hi, well done so far! The first day isn't really too easy either as you've got through that! I'd say after day 3 is got easier for me but everyone is different :) I'm at uni as well as also starting my third year in October so good luck with that too! Keep is updated, I love reading people's day to day experiences of this diet. I also have a diary on here if you want to have a read :)
Good luck with the diet today, Hannah x

Thank you... All the best for your final year too.

I will def check out your diary. Today has been ok, sick of water at this point and can't wait to get the flavourings. Think I'm in ketosis now, hubby commented on my rather fruity breath :eek:

Days 4 & 5 - First weigh in later!

So got day 4 out the way yesterday. Went out with the kids and the family and resisted an ice cream while everyone else had one and sat without feeling tempted while there was a smell of bacon from a nearby cafe. That's definitely progress!! It's my first weigh in today, somewhat apprehensive about having a loss after seeing some of the double figures people on here have achieved, but feeling hopeful xxx

Last edited:
First weigh in result!

And I've lost 8lbs and 5 inches off on measurements. Considering that's after only 4 and a half days of plan completed, really happy. And I feel really good overall, have more energy and don't feel hungry. This diet exceeded my expectations so far!

Tried the chocolate orange shake, orange water flavouring, and the chocolate and chocolate orange bars at group today and really loved them so happy I will be able to move away from the bitter tasting strawberry ready mades. Got a porridge to try tomorrow, have see mixed views on this that resemble peoples thoughts on marmite... either love it or hate it

Last edited:
I love the porridges, I have a porridge every morning for my breakfast and thats been 29 days for me so far. My CDC thinks ppl who have the porridges do better in the long run so I followed her advice and took them and glad I did. Good luck with your journey! You have done amazing so far!

I love the porridges, I have a porridge every morning for my breakfast and thats been 29 days for me so far. My CDC thinks ppl who have the porridges do better in the long run so I followed her advice and took them and glad I did. Good luck with your journey! You have done amazing so far!

Thank you! Your losses are so impressive, well done!

I was initially a little disappointed to not have double figures at the first weigh in but then my consultant reminded me I wasn't even finished day 5 so I was a lot happier at that point haha!

I love porridge and really hope I like it. It will make doing this so much easier if I have that as an option. :p

Day 6

Tried the chocolate ready made today, don't actually like chocolate milkshakes or ice cream but it was really nice, glad of another option to keep this diet interesting. Trying the porridge for lunch today, didn't have time to make it up for breakfast so had the chocolate tetra as I was running out the door to take my daughter to school. Think I will have to consider what I'm having for my third product and I will have a meal tonight (I switch between SS and SS+) which will probably be Quorn mince mixed in with carrot and swede mash - yum! :D

The orange water flavouring is helping water intake a lot, though it does taste more to me like a sherbet lemon flavour than orange, still really good though.

Last edited:
Just to update... have also now tried the porridge. I did enjoy it and it was nice to have something hot. However, I don't know whether I made it up wrong (I followed the directions) but it did look and taste more like cake batter, was very sweet compared to normal porridge which was actually quite nice :)

Day 7

Feeling happier and more relaxed. Had a lovely morning with my husband and managed to discuss important decisions without one of us getting frustrated. I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be tense with the exam periods forthcoming but I'll battle on.

Really enjoying the diet. Had a banana tetra and choc orange shake so far, both taste great. Probably a strawberry shake later and my small meal will be Asda cooked chicken breast with some cabbage and broccoli. I had the carrot and swede mash yesterday with Quorn thinking it would be nice, and it was, but looked and my guide after to realise neither carrot and swede are listed as allowed foods. I hope it doesn't do too much harm to my progress, I'd rather have made a mistake like that than eaten something bad like bread or sweets in the grand scheme of things.

My clothes feel looser again today so really happy, not been as good with my water intake so far today, must kick my own butt on that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Advice for anyone who, like me, thinks the strawberry tetras are vile.... try the strawberry shakes.... gorgeous! :worthy:

Will definitely agree with the strawberry tetras!! Ive heard mixed reports about the chocolate orange. Don't know whether to give it a try

Will definitely agree with the strawberry tetras!! Ive heard mixed reports about the chocolate orange. Don't know whether to give it a try

The strawberry tetras were awful! As for the choc orange, definately try, personally I find they taste just like Terry's chocolate oranges. I was a bit skeptical because I don't actually like chocolate shakes in general, but the chocolate and chocolate orange on this diet are fab. Might try the choc mint next

Day 8

Had my banana tetra for brekkie and banana shake for lunch - not sure if I slightly prefer the tetra in this flavour, both very nice though.

Planning a choc orange shake for my third product and the same dinner as last night as is was lovely ;)

Day 9

My water intake was not really enough yesterday, I must get my head around that as it definitely slows my weight loss down if I don't drink enough :mad:

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting. Chocolate products is all I have. Bars, tetras and shakes. The choc min is well worth a try. I find it taste exactly like choc mint ice cream just not as cold. Will give the orange a go I reckon.

With regard to your water intake what helps me is having a 1.5l water bottle. Then drink it before 12noon refill and drink again by 5. If you always have it on you then you'll just keep sipping. :)

fantastic!!!! can you pls advise on what you did to loss so much in first and second weeks pls pls pls???

Back