8th Weigh in

Doirin

Positivity is the key
Hi All,
well back from weigh in and happy today with a 5lb 8oz weight loss. This now takes me to 16 stone 13 and a half lb, nice to break into another stone bracket albeit by a half pound. Hopefully not too much longer to reach my next goal of 16 stone. Want to wish all a good week and best of luck with the weigh ins.
Doirin

ah doirin thats fantastic so happy for u!! fair play to ya!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

That's a fabulous loss, well done you!

So pleased! it's lovely breaking into the next stone (broke mine this week by 1lb - everything counts though!!)

You're doing brilliantly, i bet you feel/see the difference a lot now :)

Oh wow Doirin!! I'm so pleased for you! (and jealous as hell, but that goes without saying! LOL!)

You must be thrilled!

(ps- love the avatar Elle-emm! You're not how I pictured you either!)

wow well done dorin! Am i reading correctly that you have lost 47.5lbs in just 8 weeks!!? If so i take my hat off to you (if i had one) it's so motivating to read loses like that. x

Congrats! Brilliant weight loss, and dropping into the next stone. Well done and good luck with this week.

Hi,
Thanks all for the comments, yes it is a nice feeling this week.
Hi Irishmum, hope you are feeling well this week and got fingers and toes crossed for you. When it comes to jealousy, I look at your start weight and see it's not too far off where my goal is at, so a bit of green eye here. I know it's all relative, but I can't believe how out of hand my eating had got until I started on this. But it's going the right way for once so need to keep looking forward, I suppose.
Thanks again.
Doirin

Hi Pinkiepie,
yes it seems crazy sometimes when I see it myself, but yes it has been 47.5lb in 8 weeks. And there was I complaining when I had a smaller loss last week. I really think when you are larger, (20 stone 5lb to start with) you will lose weight quicker at the beginning as there is more to go around, so from now on I will be happy with whatever losses I get as they are all going the right way for once. I see from your signature you lost 4 stone last year, was that on LT also?
Doirin

Hi dorin, yes it was on LT that i lost weight last year but unfortunately i put it all back on:ashamed0005: Due to being made redundant after 9 years in my job which i didnt take well, but mainly due to being so naive that i thought i could just go back to my bad ways thinking "i'll never let myself get like that again" but ho hum you live & learn:eek: I'm now ready to get back to my slim self & much more aware of how important the refeed & maintaining of this diet is & very much prepared for that part of it. So glad to see they have added a maintenance forum now, i think that will really help. x

Hi Pinkiepie,
Good for you coming back and being honest about what happened. Sorry about the redundancy that is not an easy thing to deal with as well trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The demon sugar is such a draw, isn't it!! I am of the mind that I will have to treat sugar as an addiction akin to nicotine (which I stopped over 3 years ago). It will have to be total abstinence for me. You know you can do it on LT, so at least that is half the battle and as you say you are aware now how important the refeed plan is.
Thanks and best of luck
Doirin

Hi Irishmum, hope you are feeling well this week and got fingers and toes crossed for you. When it comes to jealousy, I look at your start weight and see it's not too far off where my goal is at, so a bit of green eye here.
Aw..thanks. Still the same weight :)() but I 'feel' bloated, so maybe I'm retaining a little? Who knows...?
I think this will definately be my last week on tfr, for a while anyway. My hubby 'surprised' me by announcing we're going to Mayo for a few days next week...err- what about my diet! Anyway, I'll try my damn best to re-feed properly while away, then try to maintain for a month or two. Then I think I'll go back to TFR to try & shift this last bit? I can get a few weeks worth off a friend (who gave up!) without going back to the pharmacist. I don't think they'd give me it again as my BMI is no longer over 30, so will go it 'alone'. I think....still mulling it over...:p
Survived my 2yr olds birthday party yesterday- just about, she fell down the stairs at the end of it, but appears to be okay- I think she's inherited my rubber bones! She's a bit bruised (to be expected I guess!) and had a bloody nose & bump on her head, but apart from that was running around 5mins later! Drama- who needs it! LOL!
But it's going the right way for once so need to keep looking forward, I suppose.
Thats whats kept me going through this last few weeks!:D

Very well done, i'm just back and hoping that i can get the inspiration again!:wave_cry:

Hi Irishmum,
Sorry to hear about your little one, I am glad it was only bruises, poor thing though, esp with her party and all that day and you I imagine you nearly collapsed after it. The stairs has terrified me for many years, with my 3 and now that the smallest lad is almost 3, I have just started to relax a bit but not enough to get rid of the stair gates yet.
Glad you got a break booked, good on that husband of yours, you deserve it. Go on the refeed and see how it goes, you know how well you have done and once you are sensible it should be fine. The break will do you good and there will be so much to do and enjoy you won't even think of eating. Best of luck.
Doirin

Congratulations, you have a great attitude to this diet and are really knocking those pounds off, well done and keep it up

Hi Doirin, congrats on another great loss . You are flying girl !!!!!! . I am delighted for you. you are so dedicated . You must be seeing a big difference now in your clothes . Keep looking as far as next weeks weigh in and no farther.

I am the same as you about sugar , I have realised I change completely when I eat it . I have no energy, no get up and go , crave more, get fat , get frustrated, like a witch to live with !!!!!!! Also more pains in bones and brain turns to mush . Basically I turn in to a slob so I realise now I cant have it any more. I had so much energy when I was on TFR. a totally different person . I dont know if its an allergy or a sensitivity or what but it doesnt agree with me.

woohoo congrats Doirin.....we are so close together now. my next mini goal is to break the fifteens at the rate your going you'll get there before me. well done hun :D

Hi Kerry,
you are doing so well, you will get to those 15's in no time, you go girl.

Hi Michillinwoman,
sugar is a bit of a b***h alright isn't it. I know it affected me greatly over the last years, moods etc. You feel low so you eat, then you get a quick high followed by a slump low so you eat and so it goes. My mood has been more even on this diet than ever before. Unfortunately if I do go off on one now I can't blame the sugar, it's just my personality, so that's not good, but at least I am getting to know the real me off the drug (sugar that is). Best of luck with maintaining a sugar free existence.
Doirin

Hi Loulou,
look at you week 15, that's an amazing achievement and only 6lb left to go, must feel very near now. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Back