9/11-Where were you?

I was at work & they brought the tv's out of the training room so we could see/hear the coverage. It wasn't until much later we realised the full horror at what had happened. I remember we were all shocked & just couldn't believe what had happened.

I was also in work on an early shift,we watched it on the patients tv.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I was in my sixth form history class. Nobody took it seriously until we all got home and saw the news and realised what had actually happened

It was the day after I'd got back from a week as live-in carer for a lady I'd been looking after for five years. She had alzheimers and during my week there had a mini stroke and she died on the Sunday. She had had my total focus that week, with all to do and the emotional stuff as well, and by the time I got home on the Monday I seemed to be detached from everything around me. In fact the 9/11 stuff on tv the next morning just didn't seem real and I couldn't take it in. It wasn't til the following year when they showed it all again that the enormity of it hit me. I think the recent 'seamless' documentaries on tv were very well done and pointed the dedication and detail of that time, which maybe we weren't aware of previously.

i had dropped my boys off at school and got home with my 1 yr old daughter and remember the newsflash on the TV and just being glued to it...shocked...and it was the talk everywhere at the school when it finished.....was an unbelievably sad day :(

As soon as I heard about it I telephoned my friend in New York. He knew nothing about it, so we stayed on the phone for ages while I told him what I was watching on BBC News. Then the phones went down and I couldn't speak to him again for three days, but at least I knew he was not at the World Trade Centre, where he sometimes worked.

I was at school, I was only 10! I remember hearing about it mid morning but not really understanding what had happened. It wasn't until I got home and saw it on the news and my mam and dad explained what had happened. It broke my heart, and it still does now. My thoughts yesterday were with all of those affected x

I was holidaying in France, so didn't know about it until we stopped at a hotel in Dijon and could see something terrible had happened, but we were unsure what as the TV news was in French, so didn't find out until the following day

I'd just started 6th form so we were in the 6th form common room when the news broke about what had happened. I just remember the eerie silence in the 6th form room...it went from the usual chatter to complete silence within the space of seconds

I was on a half day from work, came home made a cuppa and put the TV on to watch the news (something I dont normally do mid afternoon), I put the tv on just as the 2nd plane was hitting the 2nd tower - I thought I was watching a movie I was just in total shock. Rang OH at work and he couldnt believe what I was telling him.

I was 19 and was just about to go back to uni for my second year. I remember walking into the lounge early morning and my dad had it on tv. As we were watching the second plane hit whilst they were filming the damage from the first. I will remember that sight for the rest of my life.

At home, celebrating my mothers birthday. Such a horrible thing to happen :(

Back