92lbs in 183 days? Hmmmm

Pearl77

Hi!!!! On day 2 today, not feeling to bad, just freezing cold!!! What's driven me to this (again)? Well last Monday I was due to o for a consultation for WLS. However on the Sunday I completed a gruelling 147 mile bike ride. From coast 2 coast. I cycled from Whitehaven in Cumbria all the way to Sunderland. I reckon I could be thee fattest person to even attempt it never mind complete!!! I nearly killed me. One hill we went up was 1902ft high but it was about a 2-3 mile struggle to get to the top, 17% gradient! Absolutely agonising. There were 14 of us, I was the slowest, struggling up this, hill, I had a friend, who was struggling too, everyone in particular was supportive but Lindsay helped me the most. She pushed me to the next lamppost and a each lamppost we'd have a rest, I'd catch my breath, have a cry, throw up, even experienced my first panic attack, well apparently that's what it was. She didn't give up, she kept pushing, and I hated her for it! But she got me there, I got o the top and everyone was there cheering, the cycle down was thee best!!!! 15 miles without having pedal hardly, beautiful views, it was such an amazing experience. When I got o the top of that hill, I realised I can do absolutely anything, so long as I have got that support behind me, and people pushing me to that next lamp post!!!!

I'm going to do it this time, and I'm going to keep it off. I can do anything!!!!

X

Pearl77 said:
Hi!!!! On day 2 today, not feeling to bad, just freezing cold!!! What's driven me to this (again)? Well last Monday I was due to o for a consultation for WLS. However on the Sunday I completed a gruelling 147 mile bike ride. From coast 2 coast. I cycled from Whitehaven in Cumbria all the way to Sunderland. I reckon I could be thee fattest person to even attempt it never mind complete!!! I nearly killed me. One hill we went up was 1902ft high but it was about a 2-3 mile struggle to get to the top, 17% gradient! Absolutely agonising. There were 14 of us, I was the slowest, struggling up this, hill, I had a friend, who was struggling too, everyone in particular was supportive but Lindsay helped me the most. She pushed me to the next lamppost and a each lamppost we'd have a rest, I'd catch my breath, have a cry, throw up, even experienced my first panic attack, well apparently that's what it was. She didn't give up, she kept pushing, and I hated her for it! But she got me there, I got o the top and everyone was there cheering, the cycle down was thee best!!!! 15 miles without having pedal hardly, beautiful views, it was such an amazing experience. When I got o the top of that hill, I realised I can do absolutely anything, so long as I have got that support behind me, and people pushing me to that next lamp post!!!!

I'm going to do it this time, and I'm going to keep it off. I don't need an operation, I can do anything!!!!

X

Thanks Mojo!!!

Well not a bad day woke up feeling buzzing and better, had a little measure on the tape, I was holding a lot of water from the bike ride last week, so far I've got rid of 3 inches off my bust, 2.5 from waist and 1 from hips, it's all water but that's good! I don't have lollipop lady legs anymore!!!

Anyway, heres to tomorrow x

I've had a really difficult day today, quite stressful, what with work, house kids, you know what I mean. Normally I would of been ok but today I've cried quite a lot. I think because normally I would of raided the fridge, had a maccies for lunch, chocolate bars and a Chinese for tea, on a stressful day, which is most days I might add!! But I thought of that hill, and I got from one lamp post to the next without going to the drive thru.

Hi pearl! Well done that is an amazing achievement! My OH has done the coast to coast before, and this was when he was training for rugby every day and even he said it was very difficult so I can't imagine what you went through. I bet you felt amazing afterwards :D it's good that you're giving CD a go instead of WLS. If you can do that gruelling bike ride, you can definitely do this :D

Just been watching 'fat surgeons' and a girl spent £6000 on a band, and lost 4 stone 6 months, personally I'd be slightly disappointed, especially when I know you can lose a stone a month on this! Plus the op looked quite unpleasant, I'm glad with my decision!

Day 6

Weigh in this morning, chuffed to say I lost 8lb in my first week! And that's only 6 days in, I'm quite pleased!

My best mate upset me a bit this morning, we've both always struggled with our weight, she saw me lose six stone once when I did LL, I think she was jel because she was always saying I looked too skinny and that I'd aged etc, when i put weight on she'd tell me looked better, when everyone else including my parents told me I looked ace slim, that if took years off me, Shes sabotaged my weight loss a lot in the past. Anyway she hates me doing meal replacements, she tried herself once, think she lasted the day.
So called her to tell her I'd lost 8lb, she was really pleased for me, she'd just been to join weight watchers this morning and had gained 12.5 since february so was pee'd off. After she congratulated me, she said 'ooh! I forgot, on Saturday 21st, oh, no forget it, you can't , Erm doesn't matter' so I asked her to tell me what she was going to say, she said, 'no, no ignore me you won't be able to' anyway I got her to tell me, 'we're all off out to Liverpool for a birthday on 21st July, an all day thing get the train in, but you won't be able to come cos you can't drink'

Well it has riled me, just because I won't drink, doesn't mean I have to hibernate! Does it? Does it mean I can't go out in public without drinking? That I can't catch a train and sit with them, talk with them, laugh with them? Enjoy myself with them?!

Normally I'd say stuff you!!! Of course I can drink, this diet doesn't rule my life, but you know I actually don't think I will go, it's her attempt to sabotage my plans again, but this is my best friend, the person I've pretty much been through everything with, thick and thin, child birth!!!!! Why doesn't she want me to feel good about myself? By the 21st I'm hoping to have dropped 2 dress sizes, so I think that might be a day for Trafford centre with my hubby, for a few treats instead of a sore head, too many G&T'S and a dirty kebab on the way back, if that's what she wants then ace, me? No, I know what I want I'm going to go and get it.

Day 6

Weigh in this morning, chuffed to say I lost 8lb in my first week! And that's only 6 days in, I'm quite pleased!

My best mate upset me a bit this morning, we've both always struggled with our weight, she saw me lose six stone once when I did LL, I think she was jel because she was always saying I looked too skinny and that I'd aged etc, when i put weight on she'd tell me looked better, when everyone else including my parents told me I looked ace slim, that if took years off me, Shes sabotaged my weight loss a lot in the past. Anyway she hates me doing meal replacements, she tried herself once, think she lasted the day.
So called her to tell her I'd lost 8lb, she was really pleased for me, she'd just been to join weight watchers this morning and had gained 12.5 since february so was pee'd off. After she congratulated me, she said 'ooh! I forgot, on Saturday 21st, oh, no forget it, you can't , Erm doesn't matter' so I asked her to tell me what she was going to say, she said, 'no, no ignore me you won't be able to' anyway I got her to tell me, 'we're all off out to Liverpool for a birthday on 21st July, an all day thing get the train in, but you won't be able to come cos you can't drink'

Well it has riled me, just because I won't drink, doesn't mean I have to hibernate! Does it? Does it mean I can't go out in public without drinking? That I can't catch a train and sit with them, talk with them, laugh with them? Enjoy myself with them?!

Normally I'd say stuff you!!! Of course I can drink, this diet doesn't rule my life, but you know I actually don't think I will go, it's her attempt to sabotage my plans again, but this is my best friend, the person I've pretty much been through everything with, thick and thin, child birth!!!!! Why doesn't she want me to feel good about myself? By the 21st I'm hoping to have dropped 2 dress sizes, so I think that might be a day for Trafford centre with my hubby, for a few treats instead of a sore head, too many G&T'S and a dirty kebab on the way back, if that's what she wants then ace, me? No, I know what I want I'm going to go and get it.

Oh what a shame... You need all the support you can get doing this and I can imagine how upsetting it is to think your best friend is not supporting something so important to you. I definitely think it sounds like a case of the green-eyed monster...

I also think you're making the right decision not to go... Not to give her the satisfaction of making you feel like you're missing out but her attitude has already put a downer on the day before you've even gone! And it sounds like she may be the type to either make you feel uncomfortable for not drinking or try to get you to 'fall off the wagon' so to speak - not really the type of person I think is the most helpful to be around! A nice day with your hubby and some shopping for new (smaller!) clothes sounds like much a better day x

well done on your loss Pearl you done great girlie:)
dont worry about ya mate, we all have one like that dont we lol..you can get your support on here
x

Thanks Girl on a mission! Thanks Mojo! Normally when people wind us up we have food to fall back on, CD makes us deal with issues head on I suppose!!

Day 7 - 84lb to go

Everyday I'm waking up at the moment feeling really good, excited and that little bit smaller! I'm so excited about the future, but I'm also finding I'm quite sensitive, getting wound up easier, or easier to upset? I sent a text to my mum and sister last night, yet it's 10;49 and neither have responded, and it's irritated me! Ha ha! I mean what a stupid thing to get wound up about, but honestly I'm sitting here thinking, that's it stuff them, I'll not worry about then anymore, normally i would car less, is this normal?!?

No I won't! I'm not going to eat but really struggling with my temper! Which isn't really like me, I'm getting annoyed by people quite easily and normally it wouldn't Bother me, honestly I can't eat so literally crying! Emotional wreck! Making mountains out of mole hills, über sensitive, proper need to just chill I think!!!! Hope your good mojo x

Back