a billion questions lol...please help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chuckie21, 2 July 2007 Social URL.

1. chuckie21

chuckie21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    im going to my cdc in a wee while can you recommend the best shakes/soups?

is there a cheaper alternative to mix a mousse?

can i have the coke zero in the 1st 2 weeks?

do i have to buy the ketostix?

what can i expect from my meeting 2night?

so many questions sorry!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello :)

There is a thread at the top of the page that tells you what to expect from a counsellor but basically you should be weighed and measured and talked through the diet. You might have your picture taken, not all do but I like to.

You don't have to buy ketostix, you only have to buy your packs.

It's very difficult to say which soups and shakes are best as everyone's tastes are different - there's a list on the top this forum that'll tell you the flavours though. I suggest a good selection, might help if you write down what you want, then you can try everything. You can always swap unwanted flavours with your CDC if you don't like them :)

Good luck!

4. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    Hi Chuckie,
    Am only on my 3rd week so no pro,
    But well done on taking the decision,its not an easy one to make.
    My cdc went through the health forms and all the different plans, took my weight etc. He explained things quite well.
    I was there for about an hour altogether.
    I bought the shakes but ended up swapping some halfway through the week for soups. I also bought the fibre 89 powder and the orange water flavour ( which I don`t like).Oh and the mix a mousse, which I have tried this week.

I know it seems a long list but I have only had meal (soups/bars,shakes) to buy in the last couple of weeks.

Hope you get on well and GOOD LUCK x x x x x

5. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I hope i have helped in some way. I just used my own experiences and what i have read on this website. You will do fab tonight, just feel proud for taking the step to start CD.

Best of luck. We're all here for you :) xx

6. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Why do i feel like i have posted a little to late and you have probably already been to see you CDC, lol. Nevermind. I hope things went well for you :) xx

7. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    im probably too late to say now but the best thing is to get as many different flavours u would be willing to try, everyone has different tastes so no-one could tell u which ones are best, i love choc mint hot, i have one every night, also if u get a lot of one flavour u may go off them, most cdc's will swap any tho

ope it all went well good luck on your start tomorrow

8. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I tried this but i got a funny taste in my mouth after. I think it was the mintiness, lol. I tried it hot because Choc mint is the only milkshake i have and i thought it would be nice to snuggle up with, but it tasted abit funny. I tried all the milkshakes before and i would love them at first and then totally hate them a week after. Choc mint was the only one that tasted good to me week after week. I guess everybody has different tastes.

I hope you are well lancslass :)

9. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just thought after reading MB's post, it hadn't occured to me that you'd want your own ketostix! If you do then you will have to buy them I would've thought as we do have to buy them.

10. chuckie21

chuckie21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    im back from seeing my cdc, i got one of every flavour and some mix a mousse that i can use when im in ketosis

my cdc is a lovely lovely lady and i cant wait till this time next week to see my loss!

11. dazzler5

dazzler5 Full Member

Diet:
    starting cd on wedneasday 4/7/07
    Tell all pleasei am soooo nervous!!!

I have a meeting with a cdc on wednesday and am very very nervous...how much did it cost you on your first meeting??

Both myself and my husband are startig at the same time and the money thing is a bit worrying :-(

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!

12. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    both me and hubby started at same time too and as im 5'10 it meant we both had to have 4 shakes a day and at first only got supplies every 2 weeks(our choice) so was a bit expensive but its all been worth every penny :D

13. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yay that's great news - I'm really pleased you're happy with your CDC :) Let us know how you get on with your first day ss'ing :)

The RRP are:

Shakes £1.65
    Tetras £1.85
    Bars £1.95

Your husband will need 4 packs a day and you will need 3 if you're under 5ft 8 or 4 if you're over. I have to have 4 but I'm very happy about that :D

Not all cdc's charge the RRP though. It is up to the individual what they charge :)

Edit: Just noticed you're in Walsall, the same as me :D Helloooo from Great Barr :D

Last edited: 3 July 2007
  14. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC evens out the costs over the items., so bars, shakes and tetras all cost the same- i think this is a great idea, as it means you are not penalised if you only like teras for example. the best thing to do re the money is focus on what you are not spending
    e.g. no porridge, milk honey in morning, no mid-morning coffee and snack from Starbuck's (£4.00) no lunchtime sandwich, fruit, crisps (£3.50), no fish, veg glass of wine in the evening- lets say about £10 for food altogether in a day...makes Cambridge a bargain, although I do understand it seems like a big outlay if you are on a budget.

15. chuckie21

chuckie21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    i was charged £32.35 next week it goes up to £34 but even so its cheaper than buy lunch and dinner everyday and all the junk i used to eat in between!

saving a fortune on red bull as well

16. dazzler5

dazzler5 Full Member

Diet:
    starting cd on wedneasday 4/7/07
    Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the info now i know what to expect and your right with all the naughtys gone i may even save some lol lol ust have to feed the 3 kids still...damn!!! hahahahah

My husband can't believe the support on here and thinks it is great thank you all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.