A Birthday Treat

Nightwolf

Can someone give me some ideas for a birthday treat for someone who is also on SW-EE. Like maybe buffet ideas or a nice meal and pudding and stuff to munch on through the day.

Oooh too many ideas!

Have you looked through the recipe threads for inspiration? What kind of foods are the person's favourites?

There are loads of SW-friendly things that are really tasty, yet still totally on plan.

Buffet foods could include:
-Pasta, rice and couscous salads
-home made coleslaw
-chicken legs or goujons
-seafood platter
-Spanish omelette

Dessert options:
-meringue nests with fresh fruit and light squirty cream or natural yoghurt
-fruit kebabs dipped in dark chocolate
-mini quark-cheesecakes

There are 2 cake recipes I can recommend. On the recipe thread on here you will find StaceyUKs lemon cake which is lovely (I think its 14 syns for the entire cake and on www.slimmingeats.com (a blog from SW member Britmumincanada) you will find a squidgy chocolate cake- I think it's 9 syns for entire cake.

Other than that I think a seafood platter would be an amazing birthday treat- a bit expensive but lots of smoked salmon, prawns, mussels, crabsticks would be a real treat

xxx

Also, the Spanish orange cake from the SW website is excellent. Very tasty.

You could buy (or bake) individual cupcakes for you and your friend, that way you might be less tempted to eat more than one. Once I've made a cake I tend to want the whole thing!

The buffet foods I mentioned above should all be good, and SW friendly. In addition you could do some cold meats, boiled eggs, corn on the cob halves...
There is lots of info on the SW website and if you search this forum you'll find quite a lot of ideas too.

I am sure your friend will love the effort!

buffet ideas: scotch eggs, sw sausage rolls, fruit kebabs, sw quiches, chicken,
meal ideas: maybe a takeaway nite like sw curry or chicken kebab or pizza whatever her fave is

Back