A bit confused.co.uk & Worried :/

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SacredSilence, 11 June 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I have just eaten my bar for lunch and noticed it hasn`t got Gluten Free written on the front like the 1 I had yesterday so I had a look at all the wrappers (I recycle so have them all still) and only has has Gluten Free written on the front :confused:

When I looked online at what was in them all, They ALL said they were gluten/wheat free which is why I ordered them but surely they would ALL day it on the wrapper??

I`m wondering if they do indeed have gluten/wheat in some of them and that`s why I was in so much pain last night :cry:

Also a bit worried now if that is the case as I just ate a chocolate one which doesn`t say Gluten Free :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hi hon, I'd give you CDC a ring if I were you just to make sure, did she think they were all gluten free when you brought them from her? xx

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The bars have Maltitol and this can cause cramp like pains.

I found this old thread about gluten free products, I hope this helps?

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/12722-gluten-free-soups.html

Also here is a link to the ingredients in CD products.

http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/userfiles/file/nutrional_information.pdf

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Thankyou both for the replies x and Mini thanks for the advice/links.

I don`t really want to contact my CDC right now as she works full time and I don`t want to interupt her. I will drop her an email.

I`m really confused as the cambridge website lists them all as Gluten/Wheat free but when you look at the wrappers, Only 2 of them say "Gluten Free, High Protein, High Fibre" whereas the other 3 I have here only say "High Protein" which makes me think they`re not GF? :confused:

I`m a bit worried as the one I have just had for lunch only says High Protein :(

I wasn`t able to have the porridges (obviously) and was only able to have a Spicy Tomato which is listed as GF and I didn`t have any problems with it but didn`t really like it.

:(

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    As it says it's GF on the website, I'm sure it's fine. None of the chewy bars seem to have a mention of them being GF. The crunch bars are more recent, so maybe newer labelling has added the GF :confused: I notice that the Allergens section on the wrapper doesn't mention gluten, which it would do if it was a problem

I think all CWPCs go by the literature rather than the bar wrappers, so I would imagine there'd be a real kerfuffle if the literature (on the website) was incorrect.

7. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Thanks KD :)

It`s very confusing when some say Gluten Free and some don`t.

The problem is that some ingredients don`t specifically say gluten/wheat but can have them in them.

I`ve been ok so far today with 1 bar so I think the pain I was in was probably due to having 2 bars. Lesson learned :)

Xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.