A bit disappointed with this weeks weigh in

Ti@ra-M@ker

I only lost 2lbs...Does anyone know if this is a normal weight loss on 790? Apart from my couple of diet cokes at the weekend I'm not cheated at all. :confused:

i dont think there is much difference between weight loss on SS and 790. i know it is slightly slower on 790 but not massively so from everything i have read (and thats rather a lot lol) some weeks are bigger losses than other weeks. 2 lb is very good! 18lbs in a month is brilliant!!

give it another couple of weeks and if u aint happy with the results, maybe try SSing for a while then move back to 790. i personally dont think u need to as u r doing great but its up to you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi TM

I'm still ss'ing - moving to 790 on Saturday. BUT still only lost 3lbs this week, which was a little disappointing given my huge weight losses in previous weeks, but I guess it has to slow down a bit doesn't it? How did you find 790?

Thanks Karen, I'm trying to stay positive. Lets face it if I were on WW I'd be ecstatic with 2lbs weight loss. I've got a wedding a week on Saturday so I want to stay on 790 till then. I've arranged for hubby and I to have chicken salad instead at the meal. After than I might do SS. I'll see how it goes until then.. If I could average 3lbs a week I'd stick to 790 as I enjoy it. How are you getting on Karen??

Hi TM

I'm still ss'ing - moving to 790 on Saturday. BUT still only lost 3lbs this week, which was a little disappointing given my huge weight losses in previous weeks, but I guess it has to slow down a bit doesn't it? How did you find 790?

Hiya,
I actually love doing 790. I don't feel too deprived as I have a meal in the evening. I feel like I could stick to this in the long term which is a good job cause I will have to!!! I think you'll love it..and you WILL still lose weight. I'm just impatient!

sounds like u have a good plan. u can always change if u feel u need to but u r doing great as it is :D

uve still lost more than me so dont worry. mind u, ive been faffing for the last week but the less said about that, the better :eek: havent gained any but havent lost either. back on track now so ask me again in a week...lol

well done so far, you definately wouldnt have shifted 18lbs this fast on WW or SW so give urself a huge pat on the back!!

xxxxxxx

i know i know. I think I just want it to happen overnight. Lets see if we can both lose at least 3lbs this week then...Bet you're ahead of me by this time next week!

i accept ur challenge :D

lol...maybe its what we both need.....a bit of competition!

we r so similar with regards to amount of weight to lose and starting times. can definately keep kicking eachother up the a$$!

And don't I need it at times!!!:sigh:

I was a slow loser - and some weeks I'd lose only 1 or 2lbs ... I say only as if you pick up 1 or 2lbs of sugar in your supermarket and carry it round for awhile you realise that is quite a bit of weight! Anyway some weeks 1/2lb and next week would then be 4/5 or 6lbs!! I always did my stone a month - but not in nice little 3 or 4 lb chunks every week.

790plan is a great plan and shouldn't have made your weight loss slow down dramitacly - so hopefully next week you'll be shouting a great loss!

Oh Thank you Beverley, Thats a big help. I know I shouldn't grumble at 2lbs lost but I suppose I can't help but compare myself to others on here with fantastic weight losses. As you know I'm terrible for weighing myself....and I know it does me no good! Not that I've cheated but I've been feeling a bit miserable this week cause the scales weren't moving.

well this week hubby has hidden them away so I'll need to last the week before knowing.

i think a big problem on here is that we always mentally note the big losers and compare ourselves with them but mentally disregard the slow ones to compare ourself to.

the fact is, big losers have little losses too and vice versa. its another way to do ourselves down when we compare ourselves to those who shift weight fast and often. if u r doing the plan properly u r doing the very best for urself and that is enuff to be proud of.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi tiara, I just went for weighin and lost 2 3/4 lbs,and I've been doing AAM for the last three weeks. I stuck with AAM because I feel better getting something to eat at the end of the day. Like you said,if you were doing ww you would be more than happy with two pounds.The way I see it is I can struggle with ss, or feel a whole lot better with my little meal. It might be a little bit slower but I sure am a whole lot happier!LOL
Whats that old saying"slow but steady wins the race" so keep going and dont compare yourself within anyone,we're all so different and lose at different rates.
keep your chin up!!
Nikki x

Thank you, I got very excited when I updated my ticker!!and it took me from 15st 2 to 12st 12 so that made me even happier being 12st something!bring on the 11's I say!
Nikki

i think a big problem on here is that we always mentally note the big losers and compare ourselves with them but mentally disregard the slow ones to compare ourself to.

the fact is, big losers have little losses too and vice versa. its another way to do ourselves down when we compare ourselves to those who shift weight fast and often. if u r doing the plan properly u r doing the very best for urself and that is enuff to be proud of.

xxxxxxxxxxx

This is a good point to remember. I too have only lost 2lb this week but Im quite happy about it as I know Ive lost inches this week which is great. Also next week may be a fantastic loss, so Im as focused as ever.

Keep it up Tiara and I shall be looking to see who is the biggest looser next week, you or Karen....who shall it be let the scales decide:D :D

I know I shouldn't compare my weight loss to others. I AM happy with what I'm doing really.

Nikki, I know you're right. Most of the time I find 790 easy and maybe I should just stick with whats working for me. Well done you on getting to the half way mark in your diet! That's fantastic. You'll be at target in no time at all.

Blitz, I went and did my measurements. I AM slimmer
;) 2" off my bust, 3" off my waist and 3" off my hips since starting. That's cheered me up!:)

Oh Tiara hun,

Dont be disheartened with your weight loss, just think how you have survived two nights out since you have started this diet and still have had great weight losses.

How much would you have lost on other diets?

Think about the scales they are moving down and not going up, and you are enjoying the diet.

YOU ARE DOING BRILL X

Back