A bit disheartened

littlemissy1

I've only been doing ww for a week but I'm a bit disheartened. I lost 3lb in the first two days (I know I shouldn't weigh that soon but I wanted Friday to be my weigh in day) but weighed myself again this morning and I haven't lost anything more. I've been reasonably good (1 or 3 points over) and have definitely not used all of my weeklies. Usually I lose loads at first then it slows down. Any advice please?

Hey :) I didn't lose much in my first week of WW. Some people do, some dont. 3lbs has an amazing loss for your first week (which, isn't over yet...). That's unfortunately the danger of weighing daily. You have to accept that your weight fluctuates all through the week depending on what we've eaten drank. Wait to see what you official WI says and go from there. If I had a 3lb loss in my first week, I'd be chuffed to bits! :D

Have you got lost to lose?

I've only been doing ww for a week but I'm a bit disheartened. I lost 3lb in the first two days (I know I shouldn't weigh that soon but I wanted Friday to be my weigh in day) but weighed myself again this morning and I haven't lost anything more. I've been reasonably good (1 or 3 points over) and have definitely not used all of my weeklies. Usually I lose loads at first then it slows down. Any advice please?

Firstly well done as 3lbs is a great loss! Secondly stop being so hard on yourself, everyone is different and we all lose weight differently and at different rates, I really would hide your scales though as they will only lead to disappointment!!!! I know this from personal experience...... Got to the point where I was weighing myself about five times a day which is simply ridiculous!!!!

Weigh once a week around the same time and this will give you a clear indication of what you have really lost, your weight will naturally fluctuate so you'll only frustrate or disappoint yourself by keep weighing yourself before your 7 days :)

Don't be disheartened and keep up the great work :) Xxx

Thank you both - I know that's what I need to do! I want to lose a stone and a half which will take me to the lowest I've been in about 6 years (and lower than my husband has ever known me!) but to be honest a stone will make me very very happy and look a lot better! Thank you again.

Hi there littlemissy1

I think 3lb so far is great. I think you are being really hard on yourself. Im like you have over 3stone to lose and have been on ww for 4 days. I weighed myself last night and was pleased but then this morning did it again and wasnt so happy. So the scales do jump about a bit. Ive told my hubby to hide the scales and only let me weigh myself every monday morning lilke i originally planned. I think its soo easy to weigh yourself everyday and get upset. As for massive losses on your first week im the opposite i would rather have a little loss every week of between 1-3lb so that I feel im always on track rather than a huge loss the first week as I know I would get upset the second week weigh in.

I want to get slimmer and healthier too. when my hubby met me I was about 11st and its slowly gone up. then i had a baby 9 months ago and never lost the weight. joined the gym last week too and so far this week have been to spin and induction on monday, spin on tuesday and then am at spin tonight too! Im going to try not eat the extra points Ive earnt!

Good luck!

x

3lb is a great loss. And don't forget that the people that have the big losses in the first week tend to be the people who have a LOT to lose, which you don't.

Thank you all - tomorrow will be my weigh in so lets see what the scales say then! I've been good and I've been to the gym twice so fingers crossed!

I'm in my first week of ww too I haven't lost anything yet (3days) and I have probably chosen a very bad time to start as I have meal out tonight with my boyfriend to celebrate being together 3 years and then my friends 30th. Oh well. Free from points food it is until weigh in :)

2.5lbs off yesterday at my first weigh in, mega chuffed!!! On a course this weekend for work so shouldn't be any temptation for me, got my meals planned and no alcohol as I'm doing the January Dryathlon...... So far so good but I'm miffed at my Boyf, he's sauntered off to the pub with the lads, no will power at all, pfffft! Xxxx

2.5lbs off yesterday at my first weigh in, mega chuffed!!! On a course this weekend for work so shouldn't be any temptation for me, got my meals planned and no alcohol as I'm doing the January Dryathlon...... So far so good but I'm miffed at my Boyf, he's sauntered off to the pub with the lads, no will power at all, pfffft! Xxxx

Well done :)
x

Back