A bit of a fishy question!

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hello fellow RTM-ers!

OK... Can't remember what day I'm on but its passed day 3 but before week 2!!

... I just had a question regarding the protein I've been having. Before LL I used to eat countless amounts of chicken (and I'm talking about the fried variety) ... Since re-introducing food I have been trying things I've never had before (cottage cheese etc) and have grown to love Salmon fillets...

... However, I have read somewhere that u should have a maximum of 2 fish portions a week... but I have had a salmon fillet for probably 3 of the past 4 days...

Does anyone know if having so much fish is going to do me any harm?? I know it sounds odd but I dunno :confused:

Thanks all!

Not sure where you might have read that, I don't remember reading it anywhere, apart from when I was pregnant. I think you do have to be careful with tinned tuna, I think you have to limit that to 1-2 tins a week as it can contain quite a lot of mercury.
In the first few weeks I ate tons of salmon and mackerel and both my heads are still OK ;)
Honestly though, I wouldn't worry about it, as the weeks go by you add more stuff and your diet gets a lot more varied. I still have salmon every week, but usually only once.
Just enjoy what you are doing.

Thanks Ali... thats gr8... its not tinned so don't think I should suffer from mercury-itis!

Well... I guess its back to salmon tonight then :D

Hi - I know what you have read, and it applies to fish that can be "steak" like Tuna, Shark and Marlin, and it is due to the amount of heavy metals that are in the fish.

I have fish on average 4 nights awake, and so far have noticed no ill effect - although it is getting hard to pick up a knife and fork what with my hands growing webbing between each finger!

Hi - I know what you have read, and it applies to fish that can be "steak" like Tuna, Shark and Marlin, and it is due to the amount of heavy metals that are in the fish.

I have fish on average 4 nights awake, and so far have noticed no ill effect - although it is getting hard to pick up a knife and fork what with my hands growing webbing between each finger!

hehe... Funny because I thought I spotted some fins growing earlier ;)

Back