a bloke saying hello

thebiggle

Good evening from Scotland, my name is barry and a long time lurker of this site.

Today I have bitten the bullet and gone into the unknown!

my highest weight has been about 24 stones, and am currently just under 22, I've already gained some tips particularly the 100 calorie snacks, this will be a great tool.

Sticking to slimfast shakes, home made soup and exercise (with plenty healthy food in the middle)

Many guys on here? I need some much needed lager support.

Would like to get to 20 stones first and then build from there!

Hi Barry. :) I'm decidedly female I'm afraid, but I am finding the slimfast shakes a fantastic help in getting my weight down. :)

I haven't made any home made soup in ages. You've set me off. This evening every stray veggie will find itself in the pot. :D

Do you have a target time for losing weight? I'm trying not to be too specific this time as the last time I lost weight it was to make sure I got into a certain dress on a certain date (which I did) then as soon as that date came and went the old habits crept back in and the weight back on. :(

Alison :)

Hello Alison thank you for your reply, I follow a jamie oliver recipe for tomato and basil soup (I add chillies) and rather than bread I use crackerbread, which is made by Rivita.

No definite timescale, I'd like to be down to 20 stones by the end of February, and then the rest can hopefully follow soon after.

I tend to lose a lot of weight over the first few weeks... 4,5 or 6 pounds then it settles down to 1 or 2.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Barry

Hey Barry

How's is been going, fellow scot here too. I'm back on the shakes after a holiday and xmas break. Good luck ginger x

Hi Barry,

Another fellow Scot here and also a bloke. Welcome to the boards. I've been on Slim-Fast now for about 6 and a half weeks. On my last weigh in on Monday I'd lost 18.5 lbs since I began so I can definitely confirm it works.

I'm probably not as strict as I should be. The festive season saw me almost abandon the diet completely but I found I was eating less than I used to anyway. Just didn't have the same appetite after being on the diet for a few weeks. The days I have come off plan haven't stressed me too much which I think helps to stay on plan. You just have to make sure it doesn't happen too often. For instance, I'm going in to hospital on Tuesday for an operation on my shoulder and I have no intention of sticking to Slim-Fast while that's going on. However, I'll get back on plan as soon as I get home.

So, good luck with your journey. Touch wood but I'm finding it easy so far.

Kev

Back