Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A cheap cut of Lamb = Amezzin

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by rumbly-tums, 8 June 2011 Social URL.

1. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    I bout a cheap cut of lamb (Lamb breast - slightly fatty). It was only £3 for a good sized joint. Its the cheapest cut of lamb at your butchers, ask him to save you some!

I cooked it on gas mark 1 for 4 hours wrapped in foil. And OMG! It was so tender, it fell apart when I tried to slice it. It was more tasty than shoulder and I love shoulder. It fed me, my daughter and hubby - they had it with rice and veg - I had it with a ton of leek and cabbage.

Try it, I beg you - it takes the edge of expensive carbing!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. drasim

drasim Mayo Addict

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    For me, lamb is the king of meats....it cannot be beaten!

Always good to hear of some bargains - though unfortunately around my way butchers are few and far between. I still try and look out for cheap lamb in the supermarkets. Had a reduced price boneless shoulder last week which was roasted then slightly fried with a small amount of korma sauce....it was probably the best dinner I've ever had on a low carb diet!

4. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    Sainsburys sell it, its their basic range and is dirt cheap. def going to be a weekly feature.
    Its so tasty, nicer then steak. I cant get enough steamed cabbage right now, def getting three cupfuls (parp!)

5. acogshot

acogshot Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Lamb is one meat I have never really eaten much of, but since I have just started Atkins, I will definitely be giving this a go. Cheers.

6. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and MFP
    I LOVE lamb (as a good Kiwi lol) - heading to Sainsburys :)

7. cokes

cokes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    eating healthily
    Bought mine at sainsburys earlier, having it tomorrow night, as said only £3 for the joint. looking very forward to tomorrow

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.