a Cheeky Pig Out = Set Back or Healthy Indulgence??!

tubster

Hey fellow slimmers.

I've had a few weeks at Slimming World with decent losses and a couple disappointments. The weeks where its gone really wrong (gained) I can see how & why it's happened (few bottles of wine, chinese, indian and italian in one week once!!) but despite being pleased with my loss weeks I still haven't achieved a week of 100% commitment to plan.

I know it shouldn't matter if im still loosing but I was just wondering, is it stopping me loosing more than I could or does the odd indulgence not count for much?

For example, this week I've been good... untill tonight. I had pizza. Il probably go back to being good tomorro and feel it was a generally successful week by the time my weigh in comes around. If I lose (hypothetically) 2lbs, do you think the pizza will have stopped me loosing more? Or is does it have no impact in the mist of my efforts the rest of the week?

Thanks for any imput :) xx.

Yes I think you will never know until you do the plan 100% it depends on what else you are eating... Sounds like you could be on a slippery slope as if needs to be treated as a lifestyle change!

Maybe check the syns before you eat it... Might put you off? Pizza is prob the worst you can have! I'd say if will def catch up with you but it's not healthy productive on a reg basis so it's defeats what sw is all about!

Good luck for better week next week :)

I think you've been lucky to get away with what you've eaten and still be posting some losses! There's a lot of difference between an occasional (even weekly) treat night and the number of times you've been off plan within the space of a few weeks. You may be lucky at the beginning when you have more to lose but as time goes on I'd be surprised if you do so well. Also, as it's still early days and you're not committed to the plan 100% you may not be in the right place mentally to keep at it in the months to come. There are plenty of lower syn options when eating out so it doesn't have to mean a bad week, it's all about sensible choices and - to my constant regret - pizza isn't one of them!

Hope you manage to stick to it - good luck!

I've done 100% and still only lost 1.5lbs in a week. I generally hover around the 1.5lbs loss mark, never lost more than 2 no matter how good i have been.

Back