A couple of questions please

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
I am at present following slimming world (have done it before with great success) I was doing WW but stalled for a long time - hence the switch

this time around SW does not seem to be working for me - I have stuck to the plan to the letter

so my questions are
have any of you come to this plan from another plan after a stall and had good results

would this way of eating suit a vegetarian

what sort of losses are you all experiencing

TIA
H xx

Hi

Welcome!! :)

There is a girl Stirky who was on slim fast she had been staying the same and has moved onto here and is doing really well!!

I also was on slim fast and felt weight loss had slowed down so I have moved here - I only started yesterday so maybe someone else will be able to help you out :)

The average is 1-2 lbs a week which is a healthy loss .. I have seen people loosing alot more than that! Put if you stick to it you will lose!

GOod luck

Claire x

have any of you come to this plan from another plan after a stall and had good results
I came from a loose SW plan and lost 7lbs my first week

would this way of eating suit a vegetarian
Absolutely im vegetarian too (if you want take a look at my diary for DD ideas)

what sort of losses are you all experiencing
Clairemx is right 1-2 lbs, but this is good if you think you only diet half the week.

Hope this helps

Ive have tried EVERYTHING!!! For my body, this is the only way of eating that makes me lose!

You can do it.. Now Im not gonna lie say it is easy those first couple of DDs. LOL The first couple are hard! But once you get the hang of it, your body starts to expect it and you grow to enjoy it. It puts you back in control, instead of food being in control. At the end of the day you feel like you have accomplish something.

We (My husband and I) did this diet at the end of last year and we both had great results. Plus we didn't even exercise!! However, I don't suggest not exercising because it is very healthy for our bodys to move!! :)

I hope you decide to do this! If so visit Dr. Johnsons website... He also has a book for sale that is interesting!

:D

One more thing... I highly suggest that you read the book.... He talks about the SIRT1 Gene.... Which I think is very interesting!! Havin that SIRT1 Gene activated I think at first is why my husband and I didn't gain any weight back.... Now over the course of the year, we both have put back on a couple of pounds, but only a couple!!! :) That SIRT1 is no longer activated for us, but when we get a couple more DDs under our belt, then it will be again. :)

There is a girl Stirky who was on slim fast she had been staying the same and has moved onto here and is doing really well!!

Thanks Claire :D Yes I came onto this after I hit a plateau on slimfast, and it certainly got my metabolism going again, and started losing again from week one.

It is an easy plan to follow, doesn't involve any expensive diet products, infact you'll save money on your food bill being as you only eat every other day lol. And yes totally fine for veggies, you can eat what you want, no foods are restricted and no foods HAVE to be eaten. It's more of a healthy eating lifestyle plan than a diet. Certainly something you can stick to long term as as you lose weight your calorie allowance on down days increases until you are on maintanence.

Have a look at the website, or look at our diaries on here to see how we're planning our days. We're all different, so all plan dd's a bit differently to suit us.

Good luck x

Thank you so much everyone
I have spent much to today - at work- reading your diaries and all the information on the forum

the more I read the more I think this plan is for me
I will have to do some careful planning as at work I only have a kettle so I think it will be low cal cup a soups for the dd whilst at work and perhaps not eating until I have too

UDD of course will not be a problem
I shop for staples about monthly so have got a cupboard full of slimming world style foods
will nip into town before work tomorrow and see what veggie cup a soups I can get to start later in the week

if I start on an up day and do that tomorrow I should be able to do soups on thursday at work :):)

quite excited by this plan

Good luck :D There are quite a few of us here now to all support eachother which is fab :D

Back