A couple of questions to help a newbie please

Pcat

Hi, I'm new to Minimims and about to embark on SW EE. I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you could answer. I have searched for answers in the forums but there are so many to trawl through!

I bought the starter pack off eBay (I don't want to go to meetings). but it came without the food optimising book. I'm waiting for the 2011 food directory, will that cover the free, syns and HE's?

I've got the 100 Easy Extra Recipes, at the beginning of the book it says 'choose a daily menu and stick to it all day'. Does that mean I can't mix and match breakfast, lunch and dinner? There are loads of recipes in the book that I like to look of but they're not all on the same day.
and

Will it work for me? I'm 5.3, weight 10 stone, so technically I'm not overweight and at the top the the healthy range of my BMI, but I feel heavy and uncomfortable and would like to lose a stone and get rid of all the extra flab around my waist (put on from giving up smoking). My food habits are pretty good, I already eat a fair amount of fruit and veg, I have an Actifry and use olive oil sparingly, I cut all the fat off meat, including bacon. I don't eat many sweet things (but do have a treat occasionally). I do like nuts (various kinds - unsalted) and cheese, and cook at least one a week with half fat crème fraiche. And yep I probably drink too much, so I know I need to cut that out!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sorry hun but it sounds like youve been diddled a bit with your ebay purchase as the food optimising book is essential. Could you spare the money to go to a class for the first week just to get all the packs? Id recommend this. I have the book from when I went to class previously and am just doing it from home on my own. It can be done and you can lose weight on it. Just be sensible, aim for realistic losses and stick with it x

Hi PCat, going back to your original question - as long as each meal is EE you should be able to pick the ones you fancy from different days. That said, just be careful if the day's 'set' menu incorporates your syn allowance for that day. Have a squizz & if it says 'in addition you should have 5 - 15 syns per day' then just go ahead and pick & choose what you fancy for each meal.

SW allows you to have a whole day / week / month on EE, Red or Green - so no having a Green brekkie, Red lunch & EE dinner.

Good luck

Be careful because there are two books called Food optimising so don't get the wrong one. One is the book that comes in the starter pack (you will need the 2012 version by the way). The other is a recipe book that is over 10 years old so completely out of date.

The easiest thing really is just to go along to class even if it is just for one week to get the right info and the the consultant talk. You would also get access to the member's site for four weeks.

If you bought it as a "starter pack" it should have had the food optimising book (that's the essential part of the starter pack - the rest is good, but you could manage without it) then you should complain. You've been conned!!

Could you go and join a class for the the starter pack, registartion is half price at the moment so will only cost you £9.99 for your 1st class and registration. I only joined on Monday and I think it is well worth it...

AnnaFaraday said:
If you bought it as a "starter pack" it should have had the food optimising book (that's the essential part of the starter pack - the rest is good, but you could manage without it) then you should complain. You've been conned!!

Yeah I would def take this up with the seller as they've not sent you what they said they were selling! if they've advertised it as a starter pack with no mention of the food optimising book being missing that is a breach of their responsibility as a seller.

I emailed the seller and surprise surprise didn't get a response! Trouble is the photo didn't show the book so I don't know if i have a claim. I didn't know what I should be getting until I read the other info books :-(

How rude to do that then not even have the decency to respond! If you've tried to contact the seller and no response I would go to eBay with it, they def have a complaints or disputes dept that should deal with this. See if you can find the description they gave with the item page and if they described it as a starter pack I wouldn't let it drop, as said the other books are useful but the food optimising book is essential.
As others have said though if you are going to go it alone at home it will be cheaper and more beneficial to you to go to one meeting, get the pack with up to date books and ask the consultant any questions you have for £9.99 then use minimins for support. Xx

I just wanted to say thanks to those that responded to my post. I have managed to get a copy of the green food optimising book off ebay, which I think is last years

Yes the one you really need is the 2012 one which is orange. There are quite a few changes, but the basic info is the same.Some syn values and hex have changed and I really would agree with the op. If you join for £9.99 you get all the up to date info plus a talk from a trained consultant. You will also have access to the lifeline online for a month with information on syns etc. For £9.99 well worth it.:)

Back