A couple of questions...

Slim-Kat

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Weight Watchers and looking forward to getting going :D
I'm hoping that in a few weeks I'll get my head around all this points counting. But before I get going, I just have a couple of questions from those in the know....

Has anyone had success with simply filling? I only ask as I'm fairly sleep deprived (I have a 4 month old and 2 year old and neither sleep through the night :eek:) and if there is any way of making this as simple as possible, even if it's just until I get going, I'd be thankful of it.
Also, when I do get going on using points, do you use all your weekly points? Do they make a difference in your experience?

Many thanks, looking forward to getting to know you all :D

I haven't tried simply filling...just not for me so can't help you there. But I use most of my weeklies, if not all, every week. And I have had fantastic losses every week. I am, however, only on 36 points and I should really be on 44-ish. So I suppose I am probably only eating my daily allowance and maybe 10 weeklies every week?? Any-who, hope that is of some help....and welcome :) xxxx

Hi,

I use my weeklies most weeks and rarely have weeks when i have more than 5 left and my losses have all been good. I do some exercise several times a week, usually walking so that would earn activity points which i dont use so i dont feel guilty about using the weeklies. On the week i didnt use my weeklies i had a smaller loss. I guess it can be different for everyone. My advice is to have a week of using all your weeklies and one without then see how it goes.

Good luck!

Thank you both. I'll give both ways a try. Think I'll try aiming to use them for the 1st couple of weeks and see how I do.

Well done on your losses so far. I hope I can be as successful x

I actually ended up going out last night and blowing 40 points on booze. We had chinese as well before we went out, (gotta love chicken chow mein) I still had a loss of 5lbs this week. I honestly thought I would be disappointed this morning, but I was very happy. Just trying to curb the hangover binge cravings now. So this is proof that you can use those weeklies and still see a loss. I'm so glad I don't go out too often anymore, my head is aching!

That's great Foodiegal, brilliant loss! And good to know it's still possible to enjoy a good night out while dieting. I hope your head recovers soon lol. 40 points worth of booze does sound impressive though ;-) x

I know, it was a very mad night. Probably not the best thing to do when you're trying to lose weight!
I don't think I'd do it every week, but I had to use my weeklies anyway and I haven't been out in ages.
So there's my justification! I'll have to behave myself now so that I can eat some chocolate covered strawberries on V day. ;)

I always think alcohol points come off so much quicker than food points!!! xxx

Hopefully Hanin, or I'll be kicking myself next week! :)
Anyway, the drinking isn't the problem, it's the day after. I just want to shove my face full of carbs right now so I'm posting on here like a mad thing to distract myself.
OP, if you try simply filling let us know how you get on, I've been thinking about trying it but I'm kind of nervous at the same time. Sorry I can't be of any help to you there! I know there is a simply filling section, maybe if you put your question there, they'll be able to give you a good answer. :)

Stay away from the bread bin!!

Think I've planned for a points week this week, feeling organised and everything. I'll maybe give it a go next week. I've been having a potter around the site and found a few tips. I didn't realise you can just do a day or 2 a week as well. That might work for me.

Anyway fingers crossed this week will get me more into everything. Feeling quite positive after day one so that's a good start at least... x

Haha, I'm desperately trying to behave myself.
That's the key, stay positive.
I might give F&H a try once a week as well to start. Probably the day before weigh in ;)

Back