A Cup Of Tea.......

PurpleBobKat

.....is a dieters best friend!!

Every time I get snacky, or I finish my dinner & don't quite feel full yet, I make a cup of tea & although I can't say it miraculesly removes all desire to eat it does help.
My hands are occupied for the 20 mins it takes to drink it & the extra water does help fill any gap.

So for me A Cup of Tea is my secret weapon, but I was wondering what other people out there use to help them through the (many, many, many :sigh:) difficult patches in every day???

I tend to allow myself one glass of coke zero each day, its very sweet tasting and I am not usually a fizzy drink lover but find just one glass gives me the fix I need say in an afternoon or evening, or if its before bed a nice cup of hot chocolate makes me feel all fuzzy inside! Em

I'll be back to (ab)using black tea as a replacement for (surprise, surprise) beer.
It doesn't even remotely taste the same, but constantly sipping a cuppa seems to keep my hands and mind busy to not have any other cravings. It has really kick-started my weight loss again three months ago after two years of constantly hovering around 123kg.

Oh, tea is definitely one of my snack replacers: mint, nettle or ginger usually.
Sparkling water too, especially if what i'm craving happens to be pop.

Sometimes though, when I just need food i'll have cucumber. Fortunately I love cucumber, even more than chocolate :eek:. Broccoli too, especially if I want something a little more filling.

Last edited:
I love tea! I've started drinking more and think I'm getting better losses I also drink half a pint of nas squash before meals so I don't overeat! Works for me :)

Hartley low sugar jelly pots - 10 calories worth of total scrumptiousness, especially the blackcurrant & blueberry one :D

Back