A few questions for new low carb dieter!

mechmanuk

johnboy
Hi folks, ive been yoyoing up and down now for a year or 2 and now looking at low carbs as someone advised last week. Anyways being a meat lover i thought why not.
I dont want to stick to dr atkins as i like a slice of bread here and there and the odd treat, but i would like a few questions answered if anyone can help to get me going.
1/ How many carbs a day to stick to low carbs? maybe a healthy weight loss 1lb a week?
2/ I like to snack during the day and sometimes in the evening, is this permitted for instance (may sound odd) but i like a carrot or celery stick dipped in peanut butter or philidelphia? maybe a homemade flaxbread with a good dollop of lurpak? im asking this as the other diets sliiming world and ww u can so long as u stick to plan?
probably have some more questions but thats me for now, thanks for reading.:)

As far as I'm aware there is no definition of how many carbs constitutes low carb. Atkins induction is 20g. Some other low carb diets are 40g. Some of the VLCD are up to 60g. Some people eat around 100g and consider themselves low carb. Some people tolerate carbs better than others.

I class myself as low carbing and personally I stick to less than 60g, but usually keep it at around 40g. 30g is a low day for me.

Your snack ideas sound good. I haven't tried making low carb bread yet ( too lazy).

i will take that on board what you say thanks, im holidaying in 8 weeks so its gonna be low low low carbs for now lol

There also seems to be a balance between calories and carbs. If i eat 20-25 g carbs daily then i can eat as much as i like (based on not eating if not hungry but including all the cheese i fancy). When my carbs up at 40-50g then usually i'm hungrier and eat more - much more dangerous on the scales. Also frankly the extra carbs typically come from things i dont need - like a bit of burgen bread or more SF goodies. On 25 i can stuff my face with veggies which is just fine:)

Hope you can find right level:)

Back