A few questions from a newbie

Debs154

Trying again!!
Hi aal
I am on day 2 out of 3 in Attack and so far so good.
I have the book and keep dipping in and out of it and have read a lot on here too which has been brilliant but I think it'll take a little while to et my head round :confused:

Is the amount of skimmed milk limited in any of the phases?

Can we use extra light philly?

But the main one - is there a % carbs fat and sugars we should not go over when looking at products?

Thanks in advance :)

Skimmed milk limited to 250ml a day after Attack

Philli extra light is a tollerated item from the Cruise stage only

Xx

Can we use extra light philly?

But the main one - is there a % carbs fat and sugars we should not go over when looking at products?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Debs, welcome!

Cream cheese (tolerated) should be under 7%fat and portion is 40g.
Dairy should generally be under 2% fat.
I dont think there is a rule to % of carbs/sugars but foods should not have any added sugar!! I personally strive for less than 10% carbs in the no added sugar foods.
30g Cheese (tolerated) less than 7%
frozen beef burgers should not exceed 10% fat.
less than 5% fat mince or less than 12% and washed! (I dont do it personally, if I cant find 5% then I will just scoff the 12%! :D)

Good luck, you will soon be at TW.
x

Debs154 said:
Oh cheers Eccab77 - that has really helped me for shopping! :) :) :)

No probs. :)

Debs, I gained 2lbs on attack coz I ate Philly ex light...best to stick with Quark and IMO it really should be mentioned in the Dukan book but it just says ex light cream cheese. Also.... in my Dukan book which is the latest edition there is no mention of limited about of skim milk however the Dukaneers on here say to stick to 250 ml a day after attack. Good luck and keep us posted :) Saska x

Saska said:
Debs, I gained 2lbs on attack coz I ate Philly ex light...best to stick with Quark and IMO it really should be mentioned in the Dukan book but it just says ex light cream cheese. Also.... in my Dukan book which is the latest edition there is no mention of limited about of skim milk however the Dukaneers on here say to stick to 250 ml a day after attack. Good luck and keep us posted :) Saska x

You should not eat Philly in attack as it is tolerated, only from cruise onwards. Even then only 40g is a tolerated portion. I eat it all the time and I have no probs with it. Having said that different people reaping differently so it's really about what works for you. :)

You should not eat Philly in attack as it is tolerated, only from cruise onwards. Even then only 40g is a tolerated portion. I eat it all the time and I have no probs with it. Having said that different people reaping differently so it's really about what works for you. :)

Ahh it does not say that in the Dukan book......no mention Philly is not allowed on page 39 of The Dukan Diet Life Plan. It says Extra-light cream cheese in the 72 foods allowed which is exactly what Philly says on its packaging.....so easy for the newbie to fall into that trap. It should be made very clear as it can be devastating to a newbie to gain weight when following the exact plan. That is why I feel it necessary to point out to Dukan newbies, Saska

Thanks ladies - I knew about Attack - should have specified Cruise - my last day of Attack today anyway - so looking forward to veggies tomorrow! :)

Back