ProPoints A fight to loose weight at uni

VicLouGray

So after a horrendous day and a horrible bread binge I've decided tomake myself more accountable. I may not stick to posting on here every day but it will be nice to be clensed when i have **** days. I hate carb binges :( they are my weaknesses.

I'm still considering whether to join a meeting instead of online but it takes up a lot of time and money. It's over half an hour walk and a student i can't drive there.

So today has been better food consumption wise but i'm feeling a little yucky so haven't been able to stomach 'real food'.

Today has consisted of 2 crumpets, marmalade, wholemeal toast and low fat spread. Less than 15 points which i know isn't healthy but at the moment i don't have the stomach for anything else.

Hi, i'm trying to lose weight at uni too and i have to admit i'm finding it hard when people invite me round for dinner and i'm like "yeah of course i'll come" and then i remember and have to take some cous cous or something to cook there instead, it's so much harder than losing weight! How's it going for you at the moment?

Hiya :)

Maybe we can support eachother?? What are you studying? I am trying to lose weight at uni too... I am a 2nd year student midwife & we were all warned before the course started that the cost of the course for many is a relationship breakdown and 2 stone... Fortunately I have had neither... which is lucky as I had gained 3 stone after giving up cigarettes and having my second son which pushes me into the (delightfully named) 'OBESE' category.

The problem;
The long hours, often at night, often without a break...
Tea and toast in the staff room,
Chocolates, cakes and crisps brought in by lovely colleges or women to say thank you,
The late night snacks while finishing an essay...

So I took the plunge (not for the first time) and started ww online with the hope that paying for it might make me stick to it... day 3 and I am doing ok so far...

Today I have had...
Breakfast - Porridge with semi skimmed milk, honey and sultanas and a sweet tea
Lunch - 2 bananas, an apple & 2 cups of sweet tea (Very busy day with no lunch break)
Dinner - Quorn teriaki stir fry with noodles.

How have you gotten on today? Did you manage to avoid the carb binge ?

xx

I'm a first year Genetics student at Cardiff Uni.

It's currently going horribly :/ I've just found out that I'm anemic which means my red meat consumption has sky rocketed. And I'm taking my exams so my eating habits are all over the place. I've got 6 days left until summer so I'll just have to get back on track then. Carb binges are still a little bit of a weakness but I'm hoping to tackle it once I'm at home. I'm far too stressed at the moment.

Today I've been in a 3 hour Biochemistry exam so it's been a bit warped. I had toast for breakfast at 6.30 and then lunch/tea an hour ago. Basic baked potato with salmon so not too unhealthy. I've been quite a bad snacker today though, 2 chocolate digestives :(

I'm not pointing at the moment because I've had so many exams to sort/revise for. It's been very stressful but I'm currently at my start weight from September so I'm actually quite proud (usually I gain 1/2 a stone or more).

Fingers crossed I can get back on track in June and be much healthier in September.

I'm a first year Genetics student at Cardiff Uni.

It's currently going horribly :/ I've just found out that I'm anemic which means my red meat consumption has sky rocketed. And I'm taking my exams so my eating habits are all over the place. I've got 6 days left until summer so I'll just have to get back on track then. Carb binges are still a little bit of a weakness but I'm hoping to tackle it once I'm at home. I'm far too stressed at the moment.

Today I've been in a 3 hour Biochemistry exam so it's been a bit warped. I had toast for breakfast at 6.30 and then lunch/tea an hour ago. Basic baked potato with salmon so not too unhealthy. I've been quite a bad snacker today though, 2 chocolate digestives :(

I'm not pointing at the moment because I've had so many exams to sort/revise for. It's been very stressful but I'm currently at my start weight from September so I'm actually quite proud (usually I gain 1/2 a stone or more).

Fingers crossed I can get back on track in June and be much healthier in September.

Don't be glum about the Choc Digestives, least it was two biscuits rather than 2 packets! Well Done on your healthy dinner, it would of been easy to just blow it totally after such a long gap without food. Well Done You. X

Thank you UKSerena. I'm just finding it hard to have any will power at the moment with all my time and energy focused on passing out of first year. Snacking is something I really struggle with so was just annoyed that I gave into it.

Today hasn't really started but will be a hard one as it's a day before my worst exam and a flatmates birthday. So just hoping to stick to good light meals throughout the day until this evening and have the smallest slice of cake known to mankind. Finger crossed and will power dependent.

Thank you UKSerena. I'm just finding it hard to have any will power at the moment with all my time and energy focused on passing out of first year. Snacking is something I really struggle with so was just annoyed that I gave into it.

Today hasn't really started but will be a hard one as it's a day before my worst exam and a flatmates birthday. So just hoping to stick to good light meals throughout the day until this evening and have the smallest slice of cake known to mankind. Finger crossed and will power dependent.

How have you got on today? X

The last couple of days have been a mixed bag. I've been having big breakfasts (lean bacon and sausages in a bap) to try and get through my revision (and exam at lunch today) but had a WW fish pie for tea last night and yummy (but slightly fattening) steak enchiladas for an early tea and some petit filous yogurt about an hour ago. So not too bad but not feeling great tonight. Just hoping my iron levels stay okay until friday.

The last couple of days have been a mixed bag. I've been having big breakfasts (lean bacon and sausages in a bap) to try and get through my revision (and exam at lunch today) but had a WW fish pie for tea last night and yummy (but slightly fattening) steak enchiladas for an early tea and some petit filous yogurt about an hour ago. So not too bad but not feeling great tonight. Just hoping my iron levels stay okay until friday.

I'm liking the sound of your big breakfasts, I find a good breakfast sets me up for the day. X

Back