A gift for Fathers Day

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Starlight, 14 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I can NEVER decide what to get for Fathers Day my dad is SO hard to buy for.

I saw this advertised at the weekend.

from you to me gift journals

It arrived today - its a lovely hardbacked book, maybe 100 or so pages thick. Every page has one question at the top and the rest blank for the recipient to fill out.

Questions like:

Tell me about your mum & dad
    What traditions did your family have
    When did you meet my mum
    What music would you list as your own top 10
    Did I have a nickname before I was born
    What was I like as a child...

Questions that cover from his childhood to your own adulthood. Its going to make amazing reading. The idea being my dad completes it and gives it back to me to read.

They do them for dads, mums, grandparents, siblings and children.

Im definitely going to get my mum one, and I may get my brother and myself one too, so we have the full family set.

Its for all those wee things that you possibly dont know about your family :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Oh Starlight you little GEM....... gonna order one for mum (b'day end of the month) and dad for fathers day to go with the digital photo frame (remember the convo re computers an digital cameras!)
  4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I think its just a lovely idea.... as I said my whole family are going to end up getting them :)

Delivery was really fast. I ordered it on Monday night and it came today. If youre not seeing your dad on Sunday youll get it on time, I think today was the last day they guaranteed delivery for Fathers Day :)
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Id totally recommend these books, my dad finally completed mine and gave it to me yesterday as a Xmas present... it made the most amazing read and it really is something Ill treasure forever... so many things I didnt know and family stories... its just brilliant :)
  6. ls25

ls25 Member

Weight Watchers
    Aaaw, that's lovely! I would absolutely love to get these for my 'rents. It would be great if they did them for couples about to get married - what a sweet idea for a wedding or engagement gift! I'd love to do something like this for my husband-to-be.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.