A good alcohol free wine?

3106Catherine

Silver Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it's not a recipe or syn request as such.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried a decent tasting alcohol free wine? Wine is my downfall and I'm thinking if I could find an alcohol free one I could fool myself in to feeling like im still having a nice glass of wine!?

Nope, sorry but for me there is no substitute and like you wine is my downfall as well.

I find a wine glass filled with slimline tonic fools me. I do get out of the habit of wine when I am well into the plan. However I have lapsed lots of times.

I have Sunday night as treat night ( I work weekends and it is a great end to the weekend ) I have a drink, red wine, and syn it and then take my syns over a week....................it is much better really if you can do without !!!

You need to read Ginlins diary she is at target and has managed to maintain her target weight for a year whilst still enjoying a glass or more of wine. Hang on I will get you the link.................http://www.minimins.com/silver-memb...ney-sw-target-then-trying-stay-there-351.html. It is in Silver members diaries so you need 500 posts to read it or is it 200 lol !!!

Good luck...................... you will get there if you want to.

Thanks for the thread link fillymum :) there is no real substitute and I got down to 12.4 last time whilst still enjoying a drink but it's my one downfall too :(

My hubby reckoned try grape juice but that's just not gonna cut it lol

I have a large wine glass filled with ice, slimline tonic and bitters. It is (almost) like a gin and tonic! Wine is also my downfall.

A friend of mine has just recommended Eisberg which is 3 syns for 250ml so going to try that!

A friend of mine has just recommended Eisberg which is 3 syns for 250ml so going to try that!

I found it very sweet but I hope it hits the spot for you,

xxxx

Back