A guy losing weight.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fat.Boy.Thin.Tim, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Fat.Boy.Thin.Tim

Fat.Boy.Thin.Tim New Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hello there!

I am rubbish when it comes to introductions so I will try and keep this as simple as possible.

I am called Tim and I am 28 years old, male, from Southampton, UK.

I have been on this weight loss adventure since October 2010. I have lost 33 lbs so far but still have a long way to go.

I've always been pretty fat since I was a kid so this journey is pretty unqiue to me and at times I have faced some tough challenges.

Speaking of challenges, I am an idiot when it comes to a weight loss challenge. I seem to throw myself into the deep end before thinking it through. A great example is the one I am currently doing which involves trying to increase how many steps I take a day.

After getting a pedometer for Christmas, I read that the average person takes about 7,000 - 9,000 steps a day, whereas the National Health Service recommends 10,000 steps per day to help lose weight.

Somehow I figured it would be a good challenge to hit 15 million steps. Yep! I might as well walk straight into the mental asylum!

My progress so far? I have taken 1,467,555 steps in 91 days, so a long way to go! (Well 13,532,445
    steps actually).

It's fun, enjoyable, horrible and all the other emotions all mixed into one. I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if it was going to be easy. Hopefully in the near future I will nominate a charity and try and raise lots of money.

I hope to become a valuable contributor to this site. I like to offer a lot of support and maybe share any of my experiences I have learnt on my weight loss journey.

Please wish me luck on my 15 million steps challenge, the support keeps me going!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yellow

yellow Member

Well thats a unique angle to approach it, good luck! :)
  4. SistahKat

SistahKat Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Whole foods vegan.
    Hey Tim !
    Sending you over some good luck, good mojo and two big thumbs up from across the pond on your brilliant challenge !

I took am a huge walker both here in NY and most especially in the lovely countryside of Essex. I love nature and I really enjoy my 5 hour walks with Omron pedometer strapped on and catching sight of a pheasant who may be on a walk as well !

Keep on trucking ...........
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your losses. Pleased you have joined us.

Irene xx
  6. Gemsaic

Gemsaic Determined to be healthy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    lifestyle change using Slimpods and myfitnesspal
    Welcome Tim and what a great challenge! When you have a lot to loose it's great to set yourself targets and I'm all for activity ones! I've lost 88 lbs so far with another 94 to go...really looking forward to getting halfway to goal in 3 lbs time! It's amazing how it changes your life, perspective and feelings towards food. Do you have a target date for reaching your goal?

Keep posting, the support here is great..the diaries are good, come and have a look, there's some great inspiration here!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.