A happy (and hopefully) inspirational quote :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sticky, 23 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Here's a quote I read and thought it would be a nice share - and maybe help anyone feeling a bit down.

''If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change how you think about it''

We're all here because we're doing the first part - we're working towards changing something. But, I think the last bit is nice for those bad days/weeks where it all feels like it's too much/going wrong etc.

Thought it's easier to dwell on the gains during WI - maybe turning it on it's head and concentrating on the losses so far will help?

Being soft and sappy I know - but it cheered me up :) xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's pretty kick -a*s I must say. I'm into fate, and what will be, will be and all that sort of junk and I love good quote so this is right up my street, cheers muchly :)

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No worries hun! I like quotes too - used to have a wall at uni full of post-its with them scribbled on hehe.

x

5. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    See, now, usually I don't like 'motivational' quotes that much, but this I do like. You're right, we are all addressing the first part. We're changing it! But the 2nd part is much harder to do...but it's definitely something we can all work on. Stop with the negativity and change how we view our bad weeks, slip ups, etc.

Yay Sticky :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.