A "hungry" day....

Domane

Been on SW for 6 weeks now and have lost 13lbs so far. Prior to this I had a bit of an epiphany and recognised that I had over-eating tendencies so I've really changed my eating habits too, swapped to green tea, wholewheat pasta and brown rice - a real diet overhaul and lifestyle change. Through reading on here, I realised that my mostly green days were bloating me so about a month ago I swapped to mostly red days and feel a lot less sluggish and more energetic because of it. I've reduced my portion sizes and stuck to the plan, allowing myself 10 syns a day and I've not found it difficult at all up until now, but today I've had a really "hungry" day and I wondered why this may have happened? I've not been tempted to cheat but I have really struggled with a lingering feeling of hunger. It's not like it's been a day when I've sat around all day feeling bored, which can induce boredom-hunger, it's just been a usual Sunday for me, a morning and evening visit to my horses. Very odd.... Any ideas?

I think everyone has a "hungry day" every now and again regardless of which plan you're on. I think the trick is to snack on free food to keep the hunger at bay so you're not tempted to junk. I know I have days like this and nothings seems to fill me :( Are you exercising more or been more active, it could just be your body's way of saying it needs more fuel.

I get these days too - I call them my "bottomless pit" days as it doesn't seem to matter how much food I stuff into myself, I just cannot get that full switch to flick to on!! I tend to have a carb-heavy meal with pasta and cheese, and the combination of carbs and fat seems to sort me out. Otherwise I just take myself to bed early haha! x

I had one today..! I was within my syns limit, but I ate loads of carbs, which - even though they were free carbs - has me worrying about WI on Thursday. Just going to be extra good this week!

I get those hungry days before my 'inconvenience week'. It's awful, the mixture of feeling hungry, but feeling bloated and retaining excess water :(
I usually go for meals containing more carbs and treat myself to lots of super free fruit. Fills the stomach and keeps the psyche happy.

Back