A little advice please!

Sam_Dodd

Silver Member
Hi all!
I'm currently on a VLCD (lipotrim). I'm finishing on Friday and wanting to start on Atkins. What I would like your advice on is with Lipotrim you are supposed to re-feed for a week to re-introduce carbs into your body, but I don't want to re-introduce carbs as I'm wanting to do Atkins so should I just go straight into induction or should I re-feed and then do induction. Your thoughts would be appreciated!!

Hi Sam

I did the same, came off Lipotrim and went straight into Atkins. I see no reason to have a week of eating carbs as it will kick you out of ketosis, whereas going straight onto Atkins should keep you in it. The first week i introduced food, even though it was only chicken and fish etc, i didnt lose alot because my body had got used to only consuming liquids. After that week was over however, it dropped off :) xx

Hi Sam

I did the same, came off Lipotrim and went straight into Atkins. I see no reason to have a week of eating carbs as it will kick you out of ketosis, whereas going straight onto Atkins should keep you in it. The first week i introduced food, even though it was only chicken and fish etc, i didnt lose alot because my body had got used to only consuming liquids. After that week was over however, it dropped off :) xx

Hi! Thanks for replying :)
So you've done the same and its working for you, thats good to hear! Do you have a diary? In that first week what was your typical daily diet like? I was worrying that it would all go pear shaped as Atkins is high fat but its all about ketosis isn't it so I've just got to trust it!! xx

Hi Sam

Yeah i know what you mean, but a week of eating carbs will only be detrimental to your weight loss in my opinion. I just went straight on 20g or less of carbs a day. I have a diary on here but dont record my food daily, but i do on my phone :) so that week i came off Lipotrim i had the following:

Mon:
Atkins shake
Some celery and taramasalata
Weight watchers yogurt (4.7g carbs)
A piece of marmite chedder
1 beef burger

Tues:
Chicken and goats cheese salad
Atkins shake
Pork sctratchings
WW yogurt

Wed:
Atkins shake
Chicken and goats cheese salad
Pork sctratchings
Fish (cant remember what kind!)

Thurs:

Atkins shake
Marmite chedder
Goats cheese salad

Fri:
A dairy lee cheese
Shapers bar (12g)
Pork scratchings
Marmite chedder
Some chicken enchiladas (no wrap)
Some dark choc

Sat:
pork scratchings
four chicken mcdonalds nuggets
some dark choc

Sun:
pork scratchings (see a pattern here?!)
Atkins shake
some cheese
Enchiladas with no wrap
some dark choc

I went from 12.2 to 11.10 in the space of a week, so bare with it and it will fly off.

Hope this helps :) xx

Back