A little bit frustrating...

bella93

hi everyone,
really trying to get to grips with this site, so if I happen to put random posts in the wrong bits please forgive me!
Im struggling with using the lap top to get used to this! might sound silly, but I feel like this is the last chance I have at losing weight and I'm so fed up. dont mean to be down, but after a 4lb gain on friday I'm struggling to see how its gonna get any better over christmas. any one else feeling a bit flat? or got any good advice?- weight loss or website related! either will do hee hee....:cool:

Hey bella,

The website takes a little getting used to, have a read of the new members page and I found just playing around abit and you will soon get used to it :)

Now weight loss, come on girl you have three weighins before the new year, you have two choices, you could start the new year motivated & feeling confident with half a stone lost OR you could start 2012 with another half a stone on plus feeling not so happy with yourself :(

I know which one your going to pick.. And so do you so tomorrow have a 100% day on plan & fit in a little bit of body magic aim to do this everyday until new years and start 2012 as you mean to go on, fit & fabulous :)

Putting on 4lb is not a bad thing in itself as long as you know why you put on 4lb and you think that it was worth it!

If not, use the feeling that you have to motivate yourself to do well for the next few weeks.

Everything is about choices. You can take the easy path, forget SW until the new year and come back with a substantial gain or you can food optimise for the majority of the time and flex or bank syns to try and stay on plan where possible to minimise any impact.

I'm fully prepared not to lose weight every week over the festive period but as long as I come out of December at the same weight that I started it then I'll be happy.

It is frustrating at times. Especially times like this when everywhere and everyone around seems to be temptations that so many people can have but some of us can't without gaining loads of weight.
As said above its about choices. You have the power to choose what means most to you.
If the weight means more then choose really well food wise!
If there are foods you really want to have then try and plan those in and maybe flexi syn a bit.
The taste/enjoyment of the foods doesn't last that long, a gain can be got rid of but might take some time, a stay the same is great this time of year as for a loss thats a miracle this time of year :p
Just try and decide what matters most to you and enjoy the Christmas season :)

Lots of really good advice here for you. But to me it sounds like you're a little down? Maybe you're in a bit of a panic about gaining over Christmas? I know most years I spoil Christmas by feeling depressed over being 'silly' for over-indulging. Don't beat yourself up about it, you're here now and whether you lose or gain you'll be supported xx

Oh hun I hear ya! After losing only 1lb in 3 weeks I'm seriously frustrated! BUT I'm gona keep slogging away because I know this plan works, and I've seen the proof on here.
Dont give up, even if you have a gain over xmas dont give up and dont beat yourself up about it, I'm guessing most people will gain over xmas. Eventually you'll get there. x

When I first joined minimins it took me a while to get my head around the site.... I guess it's like anything, the more you use it the more you will get used to it

Slimming world really does work and I think christmas is a challenging time for most people as there is so much temptation put our way. Try to make the best choices as possible and dont deprive yourself... Christmas will be over before you know it! x

Back